Kraton Mazin's K8 EXB Build Thread (it's a party!, The K8 BLX is Gone))

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mazin

Nominated Safety Monitor
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
So a few bash sessions with thew K8 BLXin and a few broken parts I believe it is time to start talking rebuild. I'm going to start getting some parts in as I can and Documenting the build / Upgrade here..... Yes its a shameless attempt to get that slick build thread contributor banner :cool:.......

Some things I know I want:
New Chassis (most likely M2c)
Always want more power
Already have done the A-arms for now (RPM's)
Got to upgrade the cracked shock mounts (CA will only hold for so long)
Steering knuckles
I will update this post with Pics and when I figure out what parts and the make of those parts....

1st Run Broken A-Arms, Replaced with RPMS

20211123_092346.jpg

Last edited:
Ok So breakage on the K8 BLX forces order soooo a few upgrade parts on the way.

20211202_172303.jpg

M2C 7mm Shock Shaft kit for front & Rear
4 New shocks
Fast Eddy Bearing set
Stock skid plate set

To keep bashing I need to rebuild one front shock and replace the stock front skid plate, the front shock tower is holding so I'm not touching that for now. I figure I will do the second set of shocks in the 7mm M2C's and hold them for the rebuild.

Future parts:
Thinking about the M2C Beefcake set without the 5mm shock shafts (Any one love / regret the choice to get this?)
Integy aluminum parts for almost everything (Shock towers, steering knuckles etc) except arms since the Rpm's are holding up well Unless someone with them can strongly recommend them.

All suggestions and recommendations are welcomed and appreciated since I'm new to Arrma and the 1/5 scale fun. Still debating on Hobbyfly and CC for the next power plant. More parts after more research stay tuned to the same bat time, same bat channel!

Last edited:
Replaced the 8s steering / Knuckle Screw and nut, replaced the broken stock shaft as well. The 8s is back to ready to run status, My wife has laid claim to the 8s once I have my EXB gtg.
Started on the EXB with doing the RPM arms and the M2C 7mm Shock Shaft Upgrade.

20211209_013449.jpg

Working on getting the EXB back RPM arms fitted and found the set screw holding the sway bar on one side was stripped from Factory...THX Arrma!!!
Got the rear shock shafts (M2C 7mm) in the rear shocks and once I can figure out what to use for a set screw for the sway bar I will get the rear end done (for now)

Broke the steering knuckle on the 8s so lucky I have the ones off the EXB and already replaced the one on the 8s but now it brings up the question, What to do for the EXB Integy or HR? Also any advice on CVD's besides stock?

Knuckle.jpg

Broke the steering knuckle on the 8s so lucky I have the ones off the EXB and already replaced the one on the 8s but now it brings up the question, What to do for the EXB Integy or HR? Also any advice on CVD's besides stock?

View attachment 187763
I haven’t broke a knuckle yet.. Well done! 👍
HR or Vitavon would be an option if you don’t want to use stock again.

I haven’t broke a knuckle yet.. Well done! 👍
HR or Vitavon would be an option if you don’t want to use stock again.
Thanks I'm an over achiever lol. I was doing some distance jumps on a rough dirt ramp and hit a big dirt clod before take off and it landed right on that wheel, even bent the cvd! Thanks for the recommendation I forgot about Vitavon.
CVD.jpg

Just ordered the HR Knuckles for the front and rear plus the Shock Collars. Add that to the RPM arms, SS Screw set, The fast Eddy Bearing set and 7mm shock shafts and the EXB has a decent start!

Thread Update:
Traded the 8s Blx to my buddy for an ar I built back in 08, he only put 120 rounds through it so I said it was a good deal even though last thing I needed was another AR. So going forth the 8s is now gone.

Moving on the EXB is still a work in progress I ordered HR lugs and the cvd \ axels I needed to replace the ones I took off to replace the ones one the 8s. Once those come in I will put the HR knuckle's on. Still trying to figure out what motor / Esc to put in this to send her to the moon with but I will probably pick up her servo tomorrow as well.

Hey guys quick question:
I got the replacement CVD shafts and axels in and they are quite a bit thick @ 6.80mm, I was wondering is there a difference in length between the front and rear shafts? If not I plan on ordering another set.
20220125_234839.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys quick question:
I got the replacement CVD shafts and axels in and they are quite a bit thick @ 6.80mm, I was wondering is there a difference in length between the front and rear shafts? If not I plan on ordering another set.View attachment 195366
Pretty sure it's same part number for both. =)

Had to make a little progress so I put in the Arrcat rear Shafts, BTW the axials are not in spec so I had to use the orginals with the arrcats shafts. I Put in the triple bearing HR Hubs and covered nuts...
20220219_003101.jpg

20220219_003055.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back