Kraton MBX7 body users?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timritchieblue

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
i just ordered this body for my Kraton roller. Anyone using this body? Does the top cage still work? My roller I purchased didn't come with the top cage.

I don't use the cage with any body. This is my Mugen body, the cage doesn't fit but the body is reinforced.

paint_zps5jnwxjug.jpg

mesh152621_zps9crpjzue.jpg

If you put in a center brace you can just put a foam block between it and the roof of the body. I did that with my Slash for a while on the Baja Bug body....Now....I just cave it in...then punch it out. It takes it. It doesn't cave in very often.

Your roller is more than likely a V1 Kraton....not a V2. It may have the old front bearing blocks that didn't do so well. You may want to change them out to V2 with Avid bearings. If you don't use a chassis brace/bar....you have to make the body mount holes a little elongated to allow the chassis to flex....if you don't, it rips up the body pretty fast from jumping and flexing.

Last edited:
By the looks of the pictures on that link....that's a V1 Kraton. I didn't see any detailed description saying it was a V2. Sometimes people sell stuff with older pictures but they have newer versions ? I had to contact my seller to confirm I was getting a V2. The pictures are saying V1 to me. It's still going to be cool. Look into the front bearing issue on the V1 just incase. You could just change out a few minor parts to avoid the issue. Then it's all good and updated.

Here is a link to a V2 on E-bay. Look at the red 17mm drive hubs and the size of the bearing blocks in the front. They are different. And these are different sellers on E-bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Arrma-Kraton-roller-Chassis-Newest-version-no-tires-wheels/351854847065?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=39243&meid=55855918201c492cb43dd5958988709d&pid=100011&rk=1&rkt=18&sd=112139859432

Last edited:
Its from a chop house, looking at the new rear wing, and instruction manual, should be a v2. I don't think theirs any v1's left to part out.

I can't stand when a seller has the wrong picture or a generic picture on a sale of an item. That's probably the case here. I passed on a few rollers because the pictures looked like a V1.

I wish I could get every RC car as a new roller. That's the way to go.

I been wanting a Kraton in my collection for a while now,,,I sold my RC8Te, so been missing the truggy bash.

I feel it's a good choice when going from the ground up on it. Keep us posted.

Seller confirmed its a V1, owell, the V2 manual threw me a curve. I just ordered the RPM wing mount. I'll replace everything else as it breaks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back