Measuring Internal Resistance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would work. I have one similar - but mine does not do IR. It is nice to keep in your pocket while bashing, so I can check my packs while running. If I crash hard enough to feel like giving the car a quick check over, I will also check the battery...

For IR, I use my charger. The older versions of the Reaktor could show the IR. I believe the newer versions don't have this option any longer.

I use the IR screen on my iSDT Q6+ charger.
For me cells 3 and 6 are always fighting over who's gonna have to higher resistance on a given day.

I don't think my charger displays IR. It's a Radient Duplex II with a lousy instruction manual.

Your charger might have the option to check IR. Have you tried cycling through the menu past the charging modes (nimh, lipo ..), settings etc.. until it gets back to the start?

What do you guys use to meansure the internal resistance of your batteries (IR)? Is something like this good? http://www.all-battery.com/TenergyIntelligentCellMeter-01444.aspx

@bicketybam According to the manual it has an option to measure internal resistance:

http://www.radientrc.com/duplex/Radient_Duplex_Manual.pdf Page 22 of manual. Number 1 on top of page.

1542208155913.png

page 13 on the flow chart shows this:

1542208268840.png

Looks like it is under the Home menu as Extra Function ---> 1>Measure IR.

TT

Your charger might have the option to check IR. Have you tried cycling through the menu past the charging modes (nimh, lipo ..), settings etc.. until it gets back to the start?

You are right. I found it but I have no idea on how to interpret the results. Here are the results for thr two brand new batteries (3s) I received yesterday:

20181114_100753.jpg

And these are the results from 2 older 3s batteries

20181114_100447.jpg

Can someone explain what this means?

I think each number is the IR for each ‘cell’ of the battery.
Battery 1 has almost no IR while Battery 3 is building up a bit. The higher the IR the weaker and more worn out the battery.
Ideally we want all battery cells to have low and identical resistance. If one cell is very high it may well be a bad cell.

I’m learning this stuff myself, please tell me if that’s wrong.

You are correct in that the numbers represent the IR for each cell. I have 5 Lectron 3s batteries that I bought in June and July. These are the results:

Battery 1: 8 10 10
Battery 2: 14 13 15
Battery 3: 14 12 14
Battery 4: 10 7 11
Battery 5: 15 14 14

I have a Dynamite Reaction 4s: 10 10 10 14

My brand Graphenes
1: 0 5 2
2: 2 2 1
3: 1 0 3
4: 0 2 3

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back