Senton Mega 4x4 servo died. Options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warby

"Hurry up and wait"
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. ADX-10
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Senton Mega
  7. Typhon 3s
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Infraction 4x4
Ok Arrma guru's,
My first thread and question. Let me know if I'm doing this wrong.

My son's Senton Mega 4x4 5kg steering servo just died. Sounds like it's stripped some teeth. It has had a hard and short life as I've had to realign the saver a few time as the young bloke is still learning.

My question is, what is a good servo upgrade or should I just get another 5kg Arrma servo? Also should I upgrade the saver or stick with the oem saver?

He is still running the standard wheels, uses both lipo and nimh batteries and likes doing jumps.

Thanks

My question is, what is a good servo upgrade or should I just get another 5kg Arrma servo? Also should I upgrade the saver or stick with the oem saver?

Hi
Don't stick with plastic ADS-5. My daughter and my son uses Arrma ADS-15 (15 kg) in their Senton's (now Granite) and Typhons at the track and it's correct;
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR390139
I use Power HD 20 Kg in my Senton;

For the servo saver, they use the Arrma kit (pastic), and that's coorect too. I change it at the end of the season.

Last edited:
You can either go with the Arrma ADS-15M from the 6S line from a kit breaker, or go with a Chinese 20-25kg servo from Amazon, eBay, Banggood, Alibaba, etc.

Hi
Don't stick with plastic ADS-5. My daughter and my son uses Arrma ADS-15 (15 kg) in their Senton's (now Granite) and Typhons at the track and it's correct;
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR390139
I use Power HD 20 Kg in my Senton;
View attachment 44844

For the servo saver, they use the Arrma kit (pastic), and that's coorect too. I change it at the end of the season.
Thanks pl9171, is the Power HD 20kg stronger? Bolt in, plug n play?

Ok Arrma guru's,
My first thread and question. Let me know if I'm doing this wrong.

My son's Senton Mega 4x4 5kg steering servo just died. Sounds like it's stripped some teeth. It has had a hard and short life as I've had to realign the saver a few time as the young bloke is still learning.

He is still running the standard wheels, uses both lipo and nimh batteries and likes doing jumps.

Thanks
You can go with the HD Power 13kg

Other than being metal geared not much of a improvement. Look up DS3218 servo from whatever source you like Ebay, Amazon etc. Also look at Kimbrough 124 servo saver if you have the the stock black servo saver instead of the red if you get at least a 15kg servo. You will have to trim the servo saver but it's not that hard to do. Change the bushings in the steering bellcrank also with 5X10X4mm bearings.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. This is what I've ordered:

Servo: the Arrma ADS-15 from an Aus chop shop, cheaper than postage from US and hopefully faster but not always the case (Aus post).
Saver: the Arrma red saver as it was slightly cheap than the Kimbrough.
Bearings: rubber sealed from Plaig bearings in Aus.

Thanks for all the advise.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back