Senton mega 4x4 servo ?

shorty

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega
First off i'm new to this site and to arrma. I have a servo question. Should I put a screw in the servo savor or is that a no no. Seems like we just barely touch the corrugated pipe at the local rc track and the steering gets shoved to the left or right. in fact this happened and I tried straightening the wheels and I some how stripped the servo gears so I bought a metal geared one. Any advise would be great.

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast, Typhon
A screw where in the servo saver?

Slim69782003

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, 4x4-Mega
First off i'm new to this site and to arrma. I have a servo question. Should I put a screw in the servo savor or is that a no no. Seems like we just barely touch the corrugated pipe at the local rc track and the steering gets shoved to the left or right. in fact this happened and I tried straightening the wheels and I some how stripped the servo gears so I bought a metal geared one. Any advise would be great.
I put a screw in my SS after upgrading to a metal gear servo and still stripped out my servo gear when I hit a curb at 1/2 throttle. I ended up nodding a Hot Racing HD Servo Saver, and haven't had an issue since.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-racing-cnc-aluminum-lg-servo-saver-hd-hrashs88h/p650322?gclid=Cj0KCQiAjZLhBRCAARIsAFHWpbFHNM22YAqHFBXBkLufMux1G08rJ4G4zlWUlXtm92T7Dn1M8REBG1oaAo_YEALw_wcB

bicketybam

King of Bling
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton, Senton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega, Notorious, BigRock 4x4
Putting a screw to close the gap in the back will pretty much defeat the purpose of the servo saver. That said, I've done it but with a much stronger servo than the stock one. I eventually removed the servo saver and I ran without one.

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast, Typhon
I thought I saw mention in the recommended upgrades thread about adding a Kimbrough servo saver instead.

shorty

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega
I put a ultra torque metal gear servo-v2
Part number carved-645. Hobby shop owner said it had a 2 year Guarantee and it is rebuilable. It was funny. We bought 3 identical trucks. 2 from hobby Express and another from a small hobby shop (Big dogs) and the 2 from HE both had issues with the steering locking. Other than that the trucks were pretty quick and a lot of fun.