Granite MEGA 4X4 upgrade list.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. 4x4-Mega
I know this has been covered on here multiple times, but, i got lost going through posts, especially older ones before some of the new parts came out, so, i figured i would ask just for clarification about a few things im still not sure about. The first one is, if i only run 2S, do i need to do the BLX slipper upgrade? Will the HD 17T inputs work on 3S, or, would it be better to do a complete BLX input, slipper, and diff upgrade if i decide to run 3S? The biggest one though is, if i do the BLX slipper upgrade, do i have to also swap to the BLX motor mount (either the fixed or the adjustable one), or, will the MEGA motor mount work with a 2S or 3S setup?

Next question is about doing the Typhon a-arm swap. I asked this awhile back, but, the one question that never really got answered is, are the needed parts from the Typhon a direct swap to my Granite Mega, or will i have to do any mods to make them fit? I was told that i would need the lower a-arms, turnbuckles, and rod ends, but i thought the Typhon was 1/8, not 1/10, hence the confusion about it. Just to clarify, i'm not doing a full Typhon swap. I have an issue with my Granite rolling on its side in turns, and someone mentioned in another post about using the Typhon parts to make the Granite wider so it helps stop it from doing that as much.

If you run 2s it should hold up just fine with the stock components..3s is when I started to need to upgraded to the blx stuff..Granites to be honest aren’t the most nimble and best handling,after all it is basically just a buggy with puffy tires and soft shocks thats why they make great bashers and jumpers..they make a Typhon 3s 1/10 and also a 6s 1/8 scale..honestly instead of chasing a lot of part numbers and dealing with a lot of troubleshooting as you need to fix things maybe just buy a Tyhpon 3s if thats what you’re chasing..in the long run it may be better time and money spent

If you run 2s it should hold up just fine with the stock components..3s is when I started to need to upgraded to the blx stuff..Granites to be honest aren’t the most nimble and best handling,after all it is basically just a buggy with puffy tires and soft shocks thats why they make great bashers and jumpers..they make a Typhon 3s 1/10 and also a 6s 1/8 scale..honestly instead of chasing a lot of part numbers and dealing with a lot of troubleshooting as you need to fix things maybe just buy a Tyhpon 3s if thats what you’re chasing..in the long run it may be better time and money spent
Thats the thing though, and why this has been such a debate, is that im not looking for a 3S anything. I just want to make the Granite a bit more stable, which i was told at one point using the Typhon parts would widen it and do what i'm after. The 3S questions were more because i already have a 3S set up from a Hobby King Quanam Vandal, that i am thinking of putting in the Granite, but, after running it on 3S in a Redcat Blackout, if i do put it in the Granite, i will probably stick strictly with 2S, but, i figured i would ask about running it on 3S just in case i do decide to ever run it that way. Overall though, what im really after is to make the Granite i already have more stable when turning, and a bit faster than it is now, but, im not looking for insane speed in any case.

I know this has been covered on here multiple times, but, i got lost going through posts, especially older ones before some of the new parts came out, so, i figured i would ask just for clarification about a few things im still not sure about. The first one is, if i only run 2S, do i need to do the BLX slipper upgrade? Will the HD 17T inputs work on 3S, or, would it be better to do a complete BLX input, slipper, and diff upgrade if i decide to run 3S? The biggest one though is, if i do the BLX slipper upgrade, do i have to also swap to the BLX motor mount (either the fixed or the adjustable one), or, will the MEGA motor mount work with a 2S or 3S setup?

Next question is about doing the Typhon a-arm swap. I asked this awhile back, but, the one question that never really got answered is, are the needed parts from the Typhon a direct swap to my Granite Mega, or will i have to do any mods to make them fit? I was told that i would need the lower a-arms, turnbuckles, and rod ends, but i thought the Typhon was 1/8, not 1/10, hence the confusion about it. Just to clarify, i'm not doing a full Typhon swap. I have an issue with my Granite rolling on its side in turns, and someone mentioned in another post about using the Typhon parts to make the Granite wider so it helps stop it from doing that as much.

You most likely won’t need drivetrain upgrades until 3S. Wait until something breaks to upgrade them.

As far as the arms, what you have listed is correct. You need arms and links. The driveshafts are the same. The Typhon has 17mm hexes and different axles, but you aren’t required to use those. It’s optional.

Just know the wider arms break easier due to the leverage. ??‍♂️

Both Typhons are 1/8 scale and the same size. I own both and they are very similar in size. The 3S is not a smaller version. It’s just a lighter version.

Thats the thing though, and why this has been such a debate, is that im not looking for a 3S anything. I just want to make the Granite a bit more stable, which i was told at one point using the Typhon parts would widen it and do what i'm after. The 3S questions were more because i already have a 3S set up from a Hobby King Quanam Vandal, that i am thinking of putting in the Granite, but, after running it on 3S in a Redcat Blackout, if i do put it in the Granite, i will probably stick strictly with 2S, but, i figured i would ask about running it on 3S just in case i do decide to ever run it that way. Overall though, what im really after is to make the Granite i already have more stable when turning, and a bit faster than it is now, but, im not looking for insane speed in any case.

Just do the arm swap and see if you like it. Another item that will help stabilize the Granite is better tires IMO. I like the Badlands MX28s. They do still balloon enough for flipping the truck, but the blocky shoulders give more stability in turns instead of just rolling.

You most likely won’t need drivetrain upgrades until 3S. Wait until something breaks to upgrade them.

As far as the arms, what you have listed is correct. You need arms and links. The driveshafts are the same. The Typhon has 17mm hexes and different axles, but you aren’t required to use those. It’s optional.

Just know the wider arms break easier due to the leverage. ??‍♂️

Both Typhons are 1/8 scale and the same size. I own both and they are very similar in size. The 3S is not a smaller version. It’s just a lighter version.

Just do the arm swap and see if you like it. Another item that will help stabilize the Granite is better tires IMO. I like the Badlands MX28s. They do still balloon enough for flipping the truck, but the blocky shoulders give more stability in turns instead of just rolling.
I didn’t realize the Typhon 3s was 1/8th..i thought it was the same plastic chassis as the Granite and Senton 1/10 3s..ive never seen one in person so thats why i assumed wrong..thanks for the clarification

Thats why i got confused as to whether the Typhon parts will work on the Granite MEGA, because the Typhon is listed as 1/8th, but the Granite is 1/10th, but the Typhon uses the same chassis as the Senton and BRCC, so then i was thinking, is the 1/8th thing a misprint, until i realized thats how everyone has them listed, so im still lost on how the Typhon is 1/8th, but the Granite, Senton, and BRCC arent, but the Typhon parts work on the other vehicles. The biggest part of it though, is i have been told i can use the Typhon parts to widen my Granite a bit, but noone has actually said if they are direct fit, or if i have to make any modifications to make them fit.

The Typhon uses the same length chassis as the BRCC and Senton, but has wider arms. Also, a monster truck is supposed to be larger than a buggy, so it stands to reason that the buggy would be a 1/8 and the same sized chassis in a MT would be 1/10.

Now where I could make an argument is the Senton. That could be a 1/8 as well IMO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back