Mega/BLS plastic gears to BLX metal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BFH

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
Has anybody done the conversion to a metal gear transmission with blx parts?

Does anything cross over? Will the mega case work with metal gears? Will any of the bearings?

Any parts list floating around that anyone has put together? I have put together a list of what I think it would take to switch(based on what is available on tower) and the only thing I think I'm missing may be the bearings.

As I make the move to brushless on lipo I want to be prepared to upgrade. Anyone had luck with the plastic gears for any decent amount of time?

Ok so from what I read on another forum. The gearbox will bolt up to the new style mega chassis.

And the bearings are included with the gearbox case that is available on ebay.

Think I have all the parts needed now.

AR310001 Gearbox set
AR310599 Input shaft (2014 blx)
AR310016 20t idler gear
AR310416 Differential gear set
AR320007 Motor mount

Hi

Thank you for the heads up, I didn't know the newer ones came with those parts.

Cross referencing the manuals the bearings are the same in the mega and blx cases. So those could be reused.

AR722308 screw set is needed to attach the motor plate though.

The other screws in the mega case can be reused.

And going through tower that is a grand total of $45.94 + shipping to do the conversion.

Once tower gets the differential gear set in stock I will do the swap and report any issues. And see if the mega case can be reused to save some cash.

Last edited:
Cross referencing the manuals the bearings are the same in the mega and blx cases. So those could be reused.

AR722308 screw set is needed to attach the motor plate though.

The other screws in the mega case can be reused.

And going through tower that is a grand total of $45.94 + shipping to do the conversion.

Once tower gets the differential gear set in stock I will do the swap and report any issues. And see if the mega case can be reused to save some cash.
Sweet keep us updated

I'll be doing the upgrade with the red motor mount plate and a SC10 6 gear diff.

Let us know how it goes. I was going to order the sc10 6 gear diff as well but, my steering post broke. I grinded 2 stock diff pins and made a temporary 6 gear transmission in my granite blx.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Guys,

Just did this conversion this past weekend and swapped out the stock motor and ESC with a Turnigy Trackstar brushless set-up. The only part missing from the above list (I think) is the BLX motor guard, which is on it's way. Thanks to all who posted, it was very helpful!

I haven't done the conversion on the mega ( I have had it apart). I own a mega and a second hand 2013 BLX that I've upgraded the diff in and they do seem the same

1458457383369-1945988096.jpg
1458457383369-1945988096.jpg What's up guys! I have the upgraded blx diff and I made it solid plus I upgraded to mod1 gearing, now everything is steel works like a charm! Working on my cvd's broke a dogbone already! Hope this was helpful

Lor Fury 6S...what in the world is mod1 gearing and what are the advantages??? That thing looks beastly!

Also, try the HPI 6x83mm dogbones. They're a bit longer and beefier than the ARRMA stockers.

What's up! Csholcomb11 thanks for the reply, yeah the dogbones I need are soposto be shorter and about the mod1 that's 1/8 scale gearing or bigger the main gear that about almost 80% of Rc us is 48p then follows 32p and then mod1 that's what I'm running 34t and 36t 1700kv 6s. And the advantage of the mod1 is that I can deliver as much power transfer from motor to tranny with out worries of stripping the gears that's why I'm working on beefier cvd's. Since I locked the diff I know for a fact that the dogbones are next ahahaha! There's a pic of the different size pinions.
photostudio_1459569117170.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back