Granite Mega Granite 550 motor issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortyloz

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My sons 550 Mega Granite has started making a noise like the gears are missing. When I stripped the bits down, the Spur looks OK but the motor has some movement that I am suspecting is the fault.... Comments welcome please on diagnoses.

Video can be seen here:

Picture of the gear looks in OK condition? or not?

Thanks
Mark

0595B57D-8F06-4D4B-8C91-62EE7178361A.jpeg

Thanks. That was my guess too( I’m not that technical). Easy to replace, will get one ordered.

I guess the Spur is considered a consumable, i.e they last 6 months and look like this? Any ideas on how many teeth(I think 91T)?

Is it worth getting a metal one? Or does that just move the stress of the load somewhere else more expensive to break?

Thanks. That was my guess too( I’m not that technical). Easy to replace, will get one ordered.

I guess the Spur is considered a consumable, i.e they last 6 months and look like this? Any ideas on how many teeth(I think 91T)?

Is it worth getting a metal one? Or does that just move the stress of the load somewhere else more expensive to break?

No I am pretty sure the motor did that to the spur, I've had rcs with plastic spurs that are 4 or 5 years old and don't look like that. This is the factory spur gear for the Granite Mega 4x4 https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA311030

Yes the steel spur makes a good upgrade, just make sure your slipper is properly set, I know on the BLX models with the slipper too tight it will either pop out or break the driveshafts, not sure if the Mega has enough power to do any damage to the driveshafts, it would probably just put more stress on the motor and cause it to overheat. Do note that Arrma changed the spur design on the current vehicles they switched from an octagon shaped slipper to a castellated slipper, I do not know if the Hot Racing spur fits or not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back