Raider Mega raider battery issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madmax

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hi guys, picked up my first rc last week, just wondering if anyone else has had problems with the standard battery? The reason why I ask is I used it for the first time and ran it for abut 30seconds and it stopped. So I turned it off from the vehicle switch and back on and it started but was surging . I have charged the battery as per specs and controller batteries are new I replaced just to make sure. And tips or ideas?

Thanks in advance

Hi guys, picked up my first rc last week, just wondering if anyone else has had problems with the standard battery? The reason why I ask is I used it for the first time and ran it for abut 30seconds and it stopped. So I turned it off from the vehicle switch and back on and it started but was surging . I have charged the battery as per specs and controller batteries are new I replaced just to make sure. And tips or ideas?

Thanks in advance
Have a look if your ESC blinks in a certain Pattern. Maybe it tells you whats wrong. What type of battery is it , nimh or lipo ?

Have a look if your ESC blinks in a certain Pattern. Maybe it tells you whats wrong. What type of battery is it , NiMH or LiPo ?

Hi Alex, I'm running everything standard so NIMH and yes its set as NIMH not lipo so still unsure what the go is with it. So the blinks mean something I'll have a look when I get home what it's doing.
Thanks

Hi, it only blinks when I press the throttle or reverse. It also takes off like the throttle is stuck and I can't steer it then stops and surges when I take off. Any ideas?

It sounds like you may need to re-bind the receiver to the tranny,as it sounds like the esc isn't getting the proper input signals.

Hi,OK so I've pin pointed the problem I have borrowed a battery pack from a friend and is working fine. Do Arrma do warranty on batteries the unit is only 1 week old?

It sounds more like the battery isn't being charged properly. Ask your friend to charge up your pack for you and see if it works in the car. If it does,then you'll need to buy yourself a decent charger of your own.

It sounds more like the battery isn't being charged properly. Ask your friend to charge up your pack for you and see if it works in the car. If it does,then you'll need to buy yourself a decent charger of your own.
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. He has put it on charge we will see how it goes. If it turns out to be a battery is their any particular battery I should be looking for I want to stick with NiMH for now.
Thanks

Ok so looks like i got myself a dud battery, sorry for all the noob questions do all batteries have the same connector so its plug and play or do you have to cut and rejoin?

If you're buying new,try and find a battery that already comes with a 'Deans' style connector,that way it'll remain plug'n'play.

Thanks dreadstar, can I charge that with the original charger or better if I buy a better one? So many different chargers around any particular ones I shouldn't buy?
Thanks

You could try the original charger but,it'll take forever to charge a higher capacity battery. You would be better off looking to buy a charger that can charge both NiMh and lipo,for when you upgrade to lipo's,which you will eventually. Believe me when I say,that the performance of the truck improves greatly when you start using lipo's. DON'T buy cheap when it comes to chargers,is the best advice that I can give you. Have a look around at what's out there and try and get a named brand charger,even second hand. I went for a second hand Core RC UDC-30 one and it's been a great buy, it can charge absolutely any type of battery, from Pb/Nicd/NiMh/lipo/Li-ion/Li-Fe. The only drawback with it though,is that you need to buy a separate power supply. There are other models that can be powered direct from the mains though, but it's up to you which method that you prefer.

You could try the original charger but,it'll take forever to charge a higher capacity battery. You would be better off looking to buy a charger that can charge both NiMH and LiPo,for when you upgrade to LiPo's,which you will eventually. Believe me when I say,that the performance of the truck improves greatly when you start using LiPo's. DON'T buy cheap when it comes to chargers,is the best advice that I can give you. Have a look around at what's out there and try and get a named brand charger,even second hand. I went for a second hand Core RC UDC-30 one and it's been a great buy, it can charge absolutely any type of battery, from Pb/Nicd/NiMH/LiPo/Li-ion/Li-Fe. The only drawback with it though,is that you need to buy a separate power supply. There are other models that can be powered direct from the mains though, but it's up to you which method that you prefer.

Thanks for the advice dreadstar I'll do a bit more research into chargers and what we can get in Australia.

Don't know any chargers that you should not have ,but try the Hitec x1 mini. I have a 4000 battery and the charger charges it in a hour.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. He has put it on charge we will see how it goes. If it turns out to be a battery is their any particular battery I should be looking for I want to stick with NiMH for now.
Thanks

I run my mega Raider on an 8.4 venom battery. It was a nice upgrade from the stock battery, and then I just had to go brushless. Still using the same battery with the brushless setup and she's plenty fast!!
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTZF9&P=FR&gclid=CLGB9_mg_NECFY6Fswod1zUIlQ

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back