MEGA SRS 3in1 COMPONENT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc manoc

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So...my son managed to crash his Arrma Fazon Voltage and seperate the 3in1 protective cover. One SMD component on the reciever side was knocked of the PCB (see pic). I'm guessing a capacitor. Reciever doesn't even power on.
Anyone know what SMD component is missing? Or better yet, can anyone provide a picture of their Mega SRS V1.0 3in1 for reference.
I'm totally comfortable with SMD component soldering and hate to buy a new $50 component for a car that's probably not even worth that much now. Thanks.
20210913_214722.jpg

If you feel it is a cap, try jumping it out with a loose cap you have lying around to see if you can power it on. Otherwise it may be bricked for good.
3 in 1 sr's never last anyway. Usually on borrowed time out the box.
Tinker with it. You may get lucky. Not many guys here running that. They upgrade usually or replace with same.
Hopefully someone here has one to send a pix or even send you their broken one.

If you feel it is a cap, try jumping it out with a loose cap you have lying around to see if you can power it on. Otherwise it may be bricked for good.
3 in 1 sr's never last anyway. Usually on borrowed time out the box.
Tinker with it. You may get lucky. Not many guys here running that. They upgrade usually or replace with same.
Hopefully someone here has one to send a pix or even send you their broken one.
Yeah, I will likely try replacing the cap. Only issue is cap value. To high and I'll definitely blow something down the circuit. Polarity is an issue too, although that will likely just blow the cap if reversed.
Hopefully someone has a pic.

Welcome to the forum! As mentioned above kinda out of date and not sure anyone still uses the same thing or would be comfortable tearing theirs apart. I'd look into just replacing it and with something newer/better. Good luck and again welcome!

Welcome to the forum! As mentioned above kinda out of date and not sure anyone still uses the same thing or would be comfortable tearing theirs apart. I'd look into just replacing it and with something newer/better. Good luck and again welcome!
Well, they wouldn't have to "tear" the unit apart. The protective case comes apart and goes back together very easily with two or three tab release. I don't know why they designed it as such, really provides little protection. Anyways, I'll hold out hope for a pic or maybe a trashed unit that has they part, as SrC mentioned.

So...my son managed to crash his Arrma Fazon Voltage and seperate the 3in1 protective cover. One SMD component on the reciever side was knocked of the PCB (see pic). I'm guessing a capacitor. Reciever doesn't even power on.
Anyone know what SMD component is missing? Or better yet, can anyone provide a picture of their Mega SRS V1.0 3in1 for reference.
I'm totally comfortable with SMD component soldering and hate to buy a new $50 component for a car that's probably not even worth that much now. Thanks. View attachment 169037
The modern voltage has the three in one ESC, but I’m not sure if it’s the same as yours. I have one that’s broken so I’ll pull it apart in a bit and post a picture. Need coffee first though. I can’t work on things without my coffee 🥱

The modern voltage has the three in one ESC, but I’m not sure if it’s the same as yours. I have one that’s broken so I’ll pull it apart in a bit and post a picture. Need coffee first though. I can’t work on things without my coffee 🥱
Thank you so much! Totally understand about the coffee. I'm in the same boat, caffeine is my friend ;)

It does not look the same…But here you go anyway

image.jpg

Thank you so much! Totally understand about the coffee. I'm in the same boat, caffeine is my friend ;)
If you are here in the states and can’t fix yours, I do have a complete Voltage set up. You’d just have to cover the postage though as I am strapped right now…Or wait a couple weeks till I’m not so strapped 🙃

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
It does not look the same…But here you go anyway

View attachment 169205

If you are here in the states and can’t fix yours, I do have a complete Voltage set up. You’d just have to cover the postage though as I am strapped right now…Or wait a couple weeks till I’m not so strapped 🙃
It's the same. What you your seeing is the other side of the pcb. If you remove the pcb from the plastic case, the other side will show the missing component.

If your not going to use that set up, I'll gladly cover postage. Let me know.
It's the same. What you your seeing is the other side of the pcb. If you remove the pcb from the plastic case, the other side will show the missing component.

Also looks like you burned a MOSFET on that one. Very Common. If you want to send that one to me, I'll pay postage?

Also looks like you burned a MOSFET on that one. Very Common. If you want to send that one to me, I'll pay postage?
I’m not gonna use the set up. I upgraded all three of my voltages. Two have brushless systems and the other has the old Mega Granite system from my converted to brushless mega Granite.

Pm me when you got a chance!

Um…explain what the mosfet is? Are you referring to the one I took apart or the complete set up one I sent you a picture of?

The one that I opened up and sent you a picture of I stopped using because my wife drove it into the lake and it stopped working. I then cut off the connector and used it for something else.
I’m not gonna use the set up. I upgraded all three of my voltages. Two have brushless systems and the other has the old Mega Granite system from my converted to brushless mega Granite.

Um…explain what the mosfet is? Are you referring to the one I took apart or the complete set up one I sent you a picture of?

The one that I opened up and sent you a picture of I stopped using because my wife drove it into the lake and it stopped working. I then cut off the connector and used it for something else.
Here…I pulled out the one in the case that I took apart and here’s the other side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 33

Here…I pulled out the one in the case that I took apart and here’s the other side.
For some reason, the forum states I cant start a private conversation with you or PM you? Can you email me at [email protected] so I can discuss particulars?

But Im going to post a response to your question on MOSFETs here so others can glean some info.

MOSFET-metal–oxide–semiconductor field-effect transistor

image.jpg

Without getting to technical, these devices are the workhorse of the ESC. They act like tiny switches that alter the flow of voltage to the motor and essentially allow varying speed. That one in the lower right hand corner is chipped or burned, therefore nonfunctional.

1631719622170.png

Theres also a missing FET on this side of the board, and the blue thing is a capacitor that I'm missing. Unfortunately, cant tell identification from pic.

There was probably a very high voltage spike when the care went into the water, resulting in instant high temp and desoldering of the FET. Protective in a way because that prevented everything else from burning up.

For some reason, the forum states I cant start a private conversation with you or PM you? Can you email me at [email protected] so I can discuss particulars?

But Im going to post a response to your question on MOSFETs here so others can glean some info.

MOSFET-metal–oxide–semiconductor field-effect transistor

View attachment 169219

Without getting to technical, these devices are the workhorse of the ESC. They act like tiny switches that alter the flow of voltage to the motor and essentially allow varying speed. That one in the lower right hand corner is chipped or burned, therefore nonfunctional.

View attachment 169220

Theres also a missing FET on this side of the board, and the blue thing is a capacitor that I'm missing. Unfortunately, cant tell identification from pic.

There was probably a very high voltage spike when the care went into the water, resulting in instant high temp and desoldering of the FET. Protective in a way because that prevented everything else from burning up.
Thank you for explaining that! Tech stuff often goes over my head. I’ll email you shortly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back