Fazon Mega SRS Blinking Red - Time to Upgrade ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
Hey Guys

I’m looking to upgrade my ESC in my Fazon. I’m not happy at all with the responsiveness and it just recently starting cutting out. Blinking Red light on full battery 2sLipo

I just picked up anGoolRC 540 13T and I know the ESC probably dosnt have enough AMPs.

what are some decent ESCs to upgrade to and at what amp for a540 13T?

The thing about it is if you change the esc you have to change all the stock electronics. New tx/rx, esc and servo will be needed. At that point I would just get a cheap brushless combo and forget about running brushed motors.

Hey Guys

I’m looking to upgrade my ESC in my Fazon. I’m not happy at all with the responsiveness and it just recently starting cutting out. Blinking Red light on full battery 2sLipo

I just picked up anGoolRC 540 13T and I know the ESC probably dosnt have enough AMPs.

what are some decent ESCs to upgrade to and at what amp for a540 13T?
The thing about it is if you change the esc you have to change all the stock electronics. New tx/rx, esc and servo will be needed. At that point I would just get a cheap brushless combo and forget about running brushed motors.

You’re so right dude. I’m finding myself fixing this brushed system more often then driving the damn thing.

I decided enough is enough and went with a cheap brushless combo on Amazon.

I’m so sick of Dealing with the brushed ESCs, I went through 2 60A 1060 Hobywings and both lasted maybe a run or two. I paired it with a GoolRC 540 Brushed Motor. I mean I just started this hobby and can see where most of the products out there are poop.

Anyway attached is the brushless system I’m going with as a first time brushless upgrade. Figure I’d try it out before dropping money on something premium. Will let y’all know how it works out.
You’re so right dude. I’m finding myself fixing this brushed system more often then driving the damn thing.

I’m so sick of Dealing with the brushed ESCs, I went through 2 60A 1060 Hobywings and both lasted maybe a run or two. I paired it with a GoolRC 540 Brushed Motor. I mean I just started this hobby and can see where most of the products out there are poop.

Anyway attached is the brushless system I’m going with as a first time brushless upgrade. Figure I’d try it out before dropping money on something premium. Will let y’all know how it works out.

Hey let me know if anyone thinks this system is oddly similar to the Racerstar brushless system that’s the same motor and ESC type.

Attachments

• 5E70E2C1-E368-44AF-86CB-F0D3D77E300E.png
    5E70E2C1-E368-44AF-86CB-F0D3D77E300E.png
    719.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Hey let me know if anyone thinks this system is oddly similar to the Racerstar brushless system that’s the same motor and ESC type.

The 1060 escs are only rated down to a 15t 540 motor or 12t 550 motor if you used it with the 13t 540 motor (hotter motor that can draw more amps) that's probably why they failed. I have some rebrand 1060s are they both have performed flawless but I never ran them on more than a 15t Firebolt motor and a 12t 550 Titan. I have burned up quite a few brushed motors and just can't get the speed I want out of them consistently without burning them up is why I just go brushless.

I would look for a motor where the wires exit out the back of the motor so the motor wires don't get pinched when installing a 3650 size motor it makes it easier to install. There are some Surpass Hobby combos with motors like this https://www.amazon.com/Brushless-Co...=sr_1_7?keywords=3900kv&qid=1580064149&sr=8-7 or a Hobbywing RTR esc and generic motor motor combo like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/WP-10BL50-...775816?hash=item21646cd908:g:XvQAAOSwwFNdrnNo. At least with Amazon you can return it within 30 days.

The cheap combos have no way of changing any settings without a program so it's best to get a program card also. https://www.amazon.com/Shaluoman-Up..._1_1?keywords=SHaluoman&qid=1580067274&sr=8-1

SkW10l0.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back