Granite Mega to 3s upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking to upgrade my granite to 3s. What are your favorite esc and motors to use? Also, what other must-upgrade parts are there?
While you’re waiting for responses…there are some good vids and hints at the top of the 4x4 section that may help you. Also search the forum for threads as it’s a pretty common topic.

I believe it's the most recent, it was new when I bought it in March/April.

A Castle ESC and motor might have good power but if you're bashing it you would be better off with a Hobbywing Max10sct ESC or a Hobbywing Max10 ESC. They are more durable and more user friendly than Castle ESCs. As for motor any brushless 3660/3200kv will be perfect.

Forgot the v3 megas still had plastic turnbuckles. In no particular order then, presuming you have a v3:
  1. 3s turnbuckles
  2. 3s slipper clutch assembly
  3. Mod 0.8 pinion gear
  4. 3s motor mount
  5. Carrier bearing and assembly for centre driveshaft
  6. More powerful Servo (ds3225 cheapish off amazon not a bad goto)
Others may chip in, all can be replaced as you break stuff but I would suggest sooner rather than later!

Forgot the v3 megas still had plastic turnbuckles. In no particular order then, presuming you have a v3:
  1. 3s turnbuckles
  2. 3s slipper clutch assembly
  3. Mod 0.8 pinion gear
  4. 3s motor mount
  5. Carrier bearing and assembly for centre driveshaft
  6. More powerful Servo (ds3225 cheapish off amazon not a bad goto)
Others may chip in, all can be replaced as you break stuff but I would suggest sooner rather than later!
Can go down the rabbit hole of wanting to jump and hard-core bash and maybe not come back out. I did that. It’s great!

Back