Mega V3 budget brushless upgrade advice.

zbeckwith00

Reaction score
Hello,
Granite Mega V3 brushless upgrade advice....

I have poured through the boards, but I am getting confused with all the opinions on top of the difference between the V2-V3 versions.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish, all advice welcome.

I would like to keep the setup under $100, preferably lower lol.

I need a Motor and ESC that will be comfortable running 2s and 3s. That will just bolt in without changing anything else. I am still very new to this.

Performance wise #1: I would like longer runtimes without over heating, and #2: a little more speed would be nice.

Thank you in advance everyone.

RCguterrez

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Outcast 4s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Vorteks
Get a motor from rc juice on eBay I have the hobbystar 3670 3050kv it runs good on 3s you could go a little lower on kv and just up the gearing a little bit. And the esc I would go with is a blx 100 it’s what comes stock on the 3s line. Just go online to Jenny’s rc and get it there and use coupon code jrc and get 5 percent off. That’s what I did, As far as mounting not sure if the mega motor mount would work with a brushless setup. Motor is around 40 bucks and esc is about 50 bucks. Should be within your budget. You could also get a surpass hobby motor and esc combo for and 40 bucks just takes for ever because it’s coming from China.