Megasty's Kraton 8s Mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The EXB is coming around. Now I just have to throw some more bling on it & get it off punch 1 :ROFLMAO:

Hey bro....nice!
The flashing green is thermal though, not LVC....
Yeah, I had to look it up. The ESC was getting killed. The motor was super cool though even with the fans running off 8.4v. I'll throw a fan on it too. The stock fan died & started working again a few times while I was sitting there after the vid.

On another note, the suspension hangers actually feel like 7075, unlike the chassis. Arrma can go places with parts like this. They're not as finished as M2C & the anodizing is cheap but they're much better than what comes on the truck. BUT, they fit the chassis like a glove, better than M2C & eons better than the GPM garbage.

20210413_183342.jpg

Last edited:
Proof of concept works great, now I just need to find the right components:

20210414_144811.jpg

Also it nearly eliminates the twisting completely. I have to see what it does for RPM arms.

Last edited:
Try one thing & it completely snowballs . . .

20210416_093643.jpg
20210416_093657.jpg
20210416_093725.jpg

I'm don't think these super beefy EXB links need any extra support but it can hurt & it does keep the RPM arm in check more than a single link. As for the top suspension hanger holding it all in place, whether it breaks is 50/50. But I can always replace it with aluminum.

First the Raminator servo, now this, https://www.banggood.com/SPT-Servo-...-RC-Robot-Arm-p-1577408.html?cur_warehouse=CN I wonder how many JX clones are out there. But unlike the JX & Ram, this one is somewhat water proof. It has 3 seals & an urethane coating on the PCB. It had hardly any grease on the gear just like the other 2 so I lubed it up & gave it an extra coat of silicone.

View attachment 139666
That’s the servo I run. I also like it because it’s rated for 8.4volts...

That’s the servo I run. I also like it because it’s rated for 8.4volts...
Out of the 3 clones, this one has the best gears. All CNC. Both the JX & Ram has casted outputs & CNC internals.

Out of the 3 clones, this one has the best gears. All CNC. Both the JX & Ram has casted outputs & CNC internals.
I ordered some of the smaller spt servos for my spare supplies. Just about the time I forgot I ordered them they will be in the mail box...

Try one thing & it completely snowballs . . .

I'm don't think these super beefy EXB links need any extra support but it can hurt & it does keep the RPM arm in check more than a single link. As for the top suspension hanger holding it all in place, whether it breaks is 50/50. But I can always replace it with aluminum.
Well this happened to my link on the second ride on a minor tumble:

IMG_20210417_123017.jpg

Unfortunately these are sold out everywhere in Germany and I don't get any response from Horizon Hobby or Arrma.
I don't even understand how it can break halfway through like that without any other damage...

Well this happened to my link on the second ride on a minor tumble:

View attachment 140807

Unfortunately these are sold out everywhere in Germany and I don't get any response from Horizon Hobby or Arrma.
I don't even understand how it can break halfway through like that without any other damage...
I saw that too. Arrma has almost no EXB parts out except for the upgrades. I'm going to try & see if a M8 helm joint rod end will work.

I saw that too. Arrma has almost no EXB parts out except for the upgrades. I'm going to try & see if a M8 helm joint rod end will work.
Time for some more next level beef. 100% steel, helms & turnbuckles. These are heavy custom beefcakes but they make linkage sets for Japanese bikes with the same steel helms & aluminum turnbuckles. I'll try them too. I also have the M8 helms in the mail for the EXB rear turnbuckles. One of these babies have to work - meaning not fail on the 1st bad jump :ROFLMAO:

20210421_074345.jpg

OK, I suck at this measuring rod ends. The M8 helm is only 3mm longer eyelet-to-base. I also had to remove quite a bit of material to get it to fit the perch but it's steel so it should hold up great.

20210422_105219.jpg
20210422_110812.jpg
20210422_111035.jpg

The end actually looks like it fits the shock much better than that pathetic aluminum end.

Last edited:
This body can survive the end of Earth :ROFLMAO:

I think I ran it enough for one day.

Why is the stock Outcast such a nose-heavy turd . . .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back