Australia Melbourne anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan_OZ

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Heya!

Looks like ya'll coming from the Gold Coast hey...? At least you have some great BMX tracks you're allowed to use there!
Down here you barely find some, and if you do, RC cars are not allowed. Construction sides are always fenced so I'll keep testing different parks instead!

Bald Hills Park in Clarinda.
It's pretty big, not a lot of people and like the name says, has tons of green, rolling hills and good surface (short grass and gravel/concrete paths) for speed runs.
Need to pick up decent speed to get some air. But if you do, you'll fly for a while! It's actually a park for frisbee golf players, but barely anyone around.

Sir William Fry Reserve next to Southland Shopping Centre in Highett.
Just been there today. It's not as big but has a little skate park which I couldn't check out properly because kids everywhere (bloody school holidays...). Pretty unique feature is a very big, grassy half-bowl kinda thing. Bit hard to describe without photo. Imagine a big meteorite crater just cut in half in diameter. Able get some serious air there. But not too far - otherwise you end up in a pond lol

Feel free to add stuff!
Would be cool to catch up with someone like-minded!

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
I'm over in eastern suburbs.. here's where I've taken the kraton 6s over the last 12-18 months:

Old BMX track in Heathmont (it's on Google maps). You have to park and walk but it's not too far.. usually quiet which is good. All dirt and on the small side.. not well maintained but does the job.

Lewis park skate and bmx facility .. often kids around obviously but when it's quiet it is ok.. some good skate bowls and concrete->grass opportunity. Also some skate ramps.

Eltham dirt jumps .. pretty good and usually quiet in my experience.

Knox skate and bmx park .. this one is pretty big and some really interesting stuff like a concrete sphere you can go inside of if you have the balls.

Those are probably the best I've found so far. Like you said so many places have signs explicitly saying no RC which sucks..

I don't know anyone else really into RC so I'd be happy to meet up for a bash. (even travel further than I normally go).

Thanks for the input guys!

I'm over in eastern suburbs.. here's where I've taken the kraton 6s over the last 12-18 months:

Old BMX track in Heathmont (it's on Google maps). You have to park and walk but it's not too far.. usually quiet which is good. All dirt and on the small side.. not well maintained but does the job.

Lewis park skate and bmx facility .. often kids around obviously but when it's quiet it is ok.. some good skate bowls and concrete->grass opportunity. Also some skate ramps.

Eltham dirt jumps .. pretty good and usually quiet in my experience.

Knox skate and bmx park .. this one is pretty big and some really interesting stuff like a concrete sphere you can go inside of if you have the balls.

Those are probably the best I've found so far. Like you said so many places have signs explicitly saying no RC which sucks..

I don't know anyone else really into RC so I'd be happy to meet up for a bash. (even travel further than I normally go).

I'm from the South Eastern suburbs in Bentleigh East so Heathmont for example is about 35min drive away fro me, not too bad.
In which suburb are you located? Maybe we could meetup in the middle somewhere?

I’ll hook up for sure boys ? I’m out Doncaster way ??

Awesome, not too far away either!
Where have you been to?

Happy to go on a bash! :)

I’m always looking for some good places to bash. I didn’t think anyone in the South East of Melbourne bashed ? Eltham is pretty cool but only if we get kicked off Park Orchards BMX Track. I love that place ? It’s like RC heaven

I’m always looking for some good places to bash. I didn’t think anyone in the South East of Melbourne bashed ? Eltham is pretty cool but only if we get kicked off Park Orchards BMX Track. I love that place ? It’s like RC heaven

I'm near box hill.
I've not braved park orchards.. but I'm too chicken if there's a sign haha. Anyone going to bash during lockdown? I figure if they can golf??

There we go boys! Getting some people together!
Don't know how it'll work out because of COVID restrictions and the 4 reasons to go out but to be honest, it's no different to walking your dog!
And there are plenty of them running around! Coppers also have other things to worry about atm so should be fine!

Ok then, we have Box Hill and Doncaster, that's already pretty close together. We could plan and meet up somewhere around Burwood for example, unless you guys wanna come closer south?! ;)
Any recommendations?

We should hook up boys. I got a great MMX track to bash as well. It’s pretty rough with long jumps, good fun. I love skate parks as well. Got a cool bowl near me, great spot to launch with a soft landing on grass ??

If my damn spektrum receiver would just arrive.. got it off eBay and they sent it standard post and it's been 4 days and hasn't even moved. If metro hobbies gets them in I'm gonna buy there and return the eBay one if it ever arrives.. who will win...

We should hook up boys. I got a great MMX track to bash as well. It’s pretty rough with long jumps, good fun. I love skate parks as well. Got a cool bowl near me, great spot to launch with a soft landing on grass ??

Alrighto!
Happy to drive north to that BMX park, as long we're allowed on it. Is it the one in Glen Iris?

There’s an old BMX track in Cheltenham I think. I haven’t been there but it looked cool. I’ll have to do a we
Are y’all familiar with @Aussie RC Playground ? Vas is from Melbourne as well. He has some great spots that he films at.
His old track has been taken over by a BMX club ? The one he goes to now is in Altona. Cool spot. I’d be keen to head out there. It’s a fair drive but all good ??
Alrighto!
Happy to drive north to that BMX park, as long we're allowed on it. Is it the one in Glen Iris?
Nah it isn’t but I’ve seen that one in Glen Iris. I would love to bash that. Some of these BMX tracks you’ve just gotta pick your times. Like early morning or mid morning on a school day ?

Highett 3190:
I went out to the Sir William Fry Reserve next to Southland Shopping Centre. No one was around! I had the skate park for myself which was awesome. Practised backflips which are quite easy now after changing the centre diff oil to 500k. It's a pretty good skate park with lots of opportunities to fly with the birds and land in grass on a slope which reduces the impact forces. Emptied both LiPos without problems :)

IMG_20200723_120703.jpg
IMG_20200723_120638.jpg
IMG_20200723_120559.jpg

Last edited:
Heathmont 3135:
There's a hidden away bmx track next to the one labelled "old bmx track" in Maps. The labelled one itself is nothing too fancy though.
But if it wasn't for the bunny running into the woods in front of me, I wouldn't have seen the wooden ramp and another whole hidden away bmx track in the forest with massive jumps! I took some photos.

IMG_20201013_155617.jpg

IMG_20201013_155532.jpg

IMG_20201013_155511.jpg

IMG_20201013_155710.jpg

IMG_20201013_155856.jpg

IMG_20201013_155817.jpg

IMG_20201013_155808.jpg

IMG_20201013_155722.jpg

Quote Reply

Hi guys, I'm so excited to find ppl around SE suburban area!!!! I haven't even made a forum into page yet, but just had to say hi. I'm sure in the not to distant future we can get out to bash properly. I've kind of been getting out a little anyway, ppl don't seem to mind.

Hey bud!
Whereabouts are you from?
It's fine to go out for bashing now. Not restricted anymore.

I used to be around the Clayton/Clarinda area but now a bit closer to the city. I've taken the kraton to South Eastern BMX track a couple of times, but it's not in the best condition, lots of small exposed rocks.

I used to be around the Clayton/Clarinda area but now a bit closer to the city. I've taken the kraton to South Eastern BMX track a couple of times, but it's not in the best condition, lots of small exposed rocks.

You mean the South Eastern BMX track in Oakleigh? Interesting.
Isn't there a big fat sign saying NO RC CARS at the entrance? Or did they take it off?
If so, I'll go and check it out because it's very close :)

Where else you went to?

Cheers

You mean the South Eastern BMX track in Oakleigh? Interesting.
Isn't there a big fat sign saying NO RC CARS at the entrance? Or did they take it off?
If so, I'll go and check it out because it's very close :)

Where else you went to?

Cheers

That's the one, and yes there's a few big red signs. There's also a local council sign saying no drinking, no motorbikes etc but no mention of RC vehicles.

I emailed the council, just before covid hit, about whether I could use the track legally or not. They said that the BMX club has been amalgamated in to a larger club elsewhere and only use that track once or twice a year. The BMX club look after the track, however the land belongs to the council. They saw no reason for me not to use the track with RC cars, provided there was no BMX event on that day and unless the club started up there again regularly.

Just don't go there with with something loud, like a Baja 2 stroke. I took mine there once and a local weirdo came running and gunning ? Well, he was as complaining that the RC cars destroy the track anyway, but when you go you'll see the state of disrepair and erosion going on. There's weeds growing everywhere and heaps of rocks exposed on the track.

Still a good place to bash though, can be tough on soft tyres and arrma chassis ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back