Outcast Melted drive shaft V2 Outcast 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andymac

Reaction score
Anyone else have this happen yet? Weird stuff for me atleast)

ECB59EEC-6173-4ED8-9CF7-F4751DAD5DCB.jpeg

6FCDA017-7A4C-4442-B61B-8BD5DEEA8B9C.jpeg

Wow…that is not good. When you try to pull out the red connector piece is it melted in?

Harsh man. Think that friction around that immediate area caused the melting or heat traveling up the spur hub? Was the spur case hot at all? I’m just curious, never seen a 3s driveshaft melt like that.

Harsh man. Think that friction around that immediate area caused the melting or heat traveling up the spur hub? Was the spur case hot at all? I’m just curious, never seen a 3s driveshaft melt like that.
Yes it was all pretty hot. I think it was the friction. I was only about 10-15 into my run

Yes it was all pretty hot. I think it was the friction. I was only about 10-15 into my run
Yup could be. Just try to figure out why as your replacing the driveshaft. Like a loose slipper, tight mesh, rough bearings etc…just thinking of things that would generate a lot of heat. You don’t want the same issue or other issues to occur again. These things aren’t exactly put together great from the factory.

Yup could be. Just try to figure out why as your replacing the driveshaft. Like a loose slipper, tight mesh, rough bearings etc…just thinking of things that would generate a lot of heat. You don’t want the same issue or other issues to occur again. These things aren’t exactly put together great from the factory.
Yep. I’ll check it all. 2nd run too.

Yep. I’ll check it all. 2nd run too.
Just for grins if you don’t mind updating if it is some thing odd or interesting.

Wow. Haven't had that happen yet. I just replaced mine with a metal one but, the other three in the family are plastic.

In all the years I've done this, heat is the only thing that would cause that. Over powering it would have ripped the cogs out. Heat had to be transferred to the red piece to melt it. That leaves over slipping of the clutch. But, you'd notice that and stop driving. Or, my money is on the bearing on that side. Even if it rolls decent, bet it doesn't at high speeds. Replace it.

Wow. Haven't had that happen yet. I just replaced mine with a metal one but, the other three in the family are plastic.

In all the years I've done this, heat is the only thing that would cause that. Over powering it would have ripped the cogs out. Heat had to be transferred to the red piece to melt it. That leaves over slipping of the clutch. But, you'd notice that and stop driving. Or, my money is on the bearing on that side. Even if it rolls decent, bet it doesn't at high speeds. Replace it.

Agreed it’s strange. I’ve been in this hobby for about 8 years and never experienced this. Granted, this is the cheapest RC I’ve bought so far.

Where did you find the metal drive shaft and do they sell one for the Kraton V2?
Check out Ebay: the driveshaft is the same for the 3s and 4s models. The Kraton 4s has a long wheelbase (LWB), so the driveshafts that fit the LWB vehicles (i.e. Vendetta) should fit.

Check out Ebay: the driveshaft is the same for the 3s and 4s models. The Kraton 4s has a long wheelbase (LWB), so the driveshafts that fit the LWB vehicles (i.e. Vendetta) should fit.
Kraton 4s V2 is a XLWB.

Kraton 4s V2 is a XLWB.
It figures Arrma would make it so that parts made for other models don't fit. I'm surprised with all the other upgrades that Arrma didn't upgrade the center driveshaft.

I just checked the wheelbase on the Vendetta against the wheelbase of the Kraton 4s: according to Amain, the Vendetta wheelbase is 13.11", and the Kraton wheelbase is 12.87". It's possible the aluminum driveshafts for the 3s series might fit the Kraton 4s.

Last edited:
It figures Arrma would make it so that parts made for other models don't fit. I'm surprised with all the other upgrades that Arrma didn't upgrade the center driveshaft.

I wonder if the LWB driveshaft would fit the XLWB? It does have a spring in it to keep it tight, and as long as there is enough overlap between the two parts it might work.
Maybe one half LWB and one half XLWB.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back