Outcast Melted drive shaft V2 Outcast 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vendetta wheelbase is longer?

Interesting.

I doubt it..
Perhaps against the original Kraton 4S V1s...

But Not for the new Kraton 4S V2s..

I was checking the length of the center brace for the K4SV2s and they are longer overall compared to the Vendettas..

I thought I put V2 in my original search, but I might not have. Amain shows the Kraton 4s V2 as having a 13.98" wheelbase, so I guess the V2 owners are stuck with the composite driveshaft for now. :(

Based on what I've seen in reviews, forums, and YouTube, I personally think the Kraton 4s V2 was released before it was "ready for primetime". They missed the weak chassis issue due to inadequate testing being done before they sent the 4s line to production, and it looks like the driveshafts might be another issue. Did Arrma even consider that the composite driveshaft might not hold up to the extra power of 4s? Who knows. You would have thought that as long as it Arrma took to come out with the new 4s vehicles they would have caught more issues before they released them.
Yup could be. Just try to figure out why as your replacing the driveshaft. Like a loose slipper, tight mesh, rough bearings etc…just thinking of things that would generate a lot of heat. You don’t want the same issue or other issues to occur again. These things aren’t exactly put together great from the factory.
The spur gear/pinion mesh on my new Infraction 3s was atrocious from the factory: I could hear it and feel it as soon as I took it out of the box. Upon opening the power module I found that the gears were set as close to each other as physically possible: there was absolutely no attempt to set the gear mesh properly. I was not surprised, but I was still pissed off that I had to take apart a new vehicle before I could run it.

Last edited:
Anyone else have this happen yet? Weird stuff for me atleast)

View attachment 237904

View attachment 237905
I accidentally caught my Kraton V2 before it did that. My slipper came loose and when I pulled the motor assembly the bearing on that side fell out in pieces. Caught that but then the front stripped out on the drive shaft right where it hooks to the diff. I don’t think anyone makes an aluminum one long enough for this truck yet, so I got 2 coming from Jenny’s.

image.jpg

This is definitely not uncommon.. the slipper was loose and it melted the center shaft.. it's pretty cut and dry... Been happening since the inception of the 4x4 line..
I thought I put V2 in my original search, but I might not have. Amain shows the Kraton 4s V2 as having a 13.98" wheelbase, so I guess the V2 owners are stuck with the composite driveshaft for now. :(

Based on what I've seen in reviews, forums, and YouTube, I personally think the Kraton 4s V2 was released before it was "ready for primetime". They missed the weak chassis issue due to inadequate testing being done before they sent the 4s line to production, and it looks like the driveshafts might be another issue. Did Arrma even consider that the composite driveshaft might not hold up to the extra power of 4s? Who knows. You would have thought that as long as it Arrma took to come out with the new 4s vehicles they would have caught more issues before they released them.

The spur gear/pinion mesh on my new Infraction 3s was atrocious from the factory: I could hear it and feel it as soon as I took it out of the box. Upon opening the power module I found that the gears were set as close to each other as physically possible: there was absolutely no attempt to set the gear mesh properly. I was not surprised, but I was still pissed off that I had to take apart a new vehicle before I could run it.

The plastic center shaft has no issue with 4s power.. even 6s power for that matter... But it can not live through heat generated by the slipper from being loose..

The op missed the sound of the slipper being loose, that's all it boils down too.. and it did boil down.. 😉

Last edited:
This is definitely not uncommon.. the slipper was loose and it melted the center shaft.. it's pretty cut and dry... Been happening since the inception of the 4x4 line..

The plastic center shaft has no issue with 4s power.. even 6s power for that matter... But it can not live through heat generated by the slipper from being loose..

The op missed the sound of the slipper being loose, that's all it boils down too.. and it did boil down.. 😉
Other than a lot of noise and not accelerating and/or not pulling wheelies on demand, how would you describe the sound of a loose slipper?

Does the squeal come from the slipper pads? Some 3S/4S same model vehicles sound worse than others.

Other than a lot of noise and not accelerating and/or not pulling wheelies on demand, how would you describe the sound of a loose slipper?

Does the squeal come from the slipper pads? Some 3S/4S same model vehicles sound worse than others.
Screams like my ex wife. A well set slipper chirps a bit before engaging.

I guess the best description I can give is it sounds like a pinion that is not tight on the motor shaft... Like you said, alot of motor noise and no wheel engagement...

I set my slippers so tight the rigs will wheelie over instantly, so on the 4s outcast it's standing backflip territory all day long.. on my 3s Typhon it's locked up a little tighter, I let the small buggy wheels do the slipping..😉

But, they are just loose enough to slip momentarily if it lands on throttle.. (which is what you don't want to do).. just enough to soak up that initial snap..

These are nowhere near race bred rigs, so to let a slipper slip to gain traction in a bashing rig is just asking for a Chernobyl melt down.. The traction is in your trigger finger..😉

hi guys, i will probably get an Outcast v2 4s, have you solved the problem?
The only problem was a slipper that started to loosen and the person did not address it and kept running like that. The heat created by the slipper spinning in excess transferred through the hub and onto the driveshaft. Answer is - don't keep running it with a loose slipper. All part of the maintenance.

The only problem was a slipper that started to loosen and the person did not address it and kept running like that. The heat created by the slipper spinning in excess transferred through the hub and onto the driveshaft. Answer is - don't keep running it with a loose slipper. All part of the maintenance.
I probably mistranslate it being Italian, but what do you mean by slipper?

La frizione è lì per proteggere i componenti della trasmissione. Rimuovilo e rompi altre parti.
On the losi mini I had removed it and therefore I have no experience with the clutch, it avoids the sudden jerks of the transmission I guess .. so why is it a problem to leave it slow rather than too tight?

My opinion is the only issue was the driveshaft pin coming out, which they dealt with.

Is it a weak chassis? That is up to the user to decide I guess. If you plan to launch the rig 20+ feet in the air - then yeah, the chassis does not like that. To state the missed that would be to say they are claiming you can jump the truck over 20 feet high and not have an issue. I have not seen anything from Arrma saying this is what they designed it for.
On the losi mini I had removed it and therefore I have no experience with the clutch, it avoids the sudden jerks of the transmission I guess .. so why is it a problem to leave it slow rather than too tight?
Too tight is an issue. Too loose is an issue. Need to have it set like designed, and it will work just fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back