Limitless Merry Christmas! Wife surprised me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuzboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
Merry Christmas to all. As much as my wife isn’t crazy about my hobby, she went and bought me a ARRMA Limitless brand new at out LHS. I own a couple granites and Emaxxes and had a few questions about this one. Im not looking to set world records, im just looking to be able to run two 3S packs through it without it over heating. I was thinking the stock BLX 185/ 2050 combo that is in the infraction. I also wanted know a good steering servo and decent radio. I like the TTX300 but I know its not exactly the highest end radio. What are you guys thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Nothing wrong running the Infraction electronics. Tactic is a good radio with good range and is cheap. There are so many radios to choose from,, depends on what you want to spend. You could put a center diff in it and use it just like an Infraction since you will not be doing dedicated speed runs only.

Wow. Lucky guy!

Extremely lucky. Got me that and a go pro hero 5. Our first Christmas married and she knocked it out of the ball park. On my birthday she got me two UMX eflite war planes. This woman is a keeper but i need to know whats the best road to go (HA!) for my application.
Is a center diff that much different then what the Limitless comes with stock?

If you’re not doing speed runs, then ditch the spool for the Infraction center diff. The Tactic would be just fine. The BLX185 combo will be good, except you will need some fans on the motor if you wanna get the most out of that setup.

Why is the spool such a big deal to ditch if im not doing only speed runs? Also I would like to be able to at least keep up with an infraction while maintaining somewhat low temps. Ill forsure be putting a heat sink on the motor with a fan. That always seems to work wonders for me on my 3S and 4S setups.

Why is the spool such a big deal to ditch if im not doing only speed runs? Also I would like to be able to at least keep up with an infraction while maintaining somewhat low temps. Ill forsure be putting a heat sink on the motor with a fan. That always seems to work wonders for me on my 3S and 4S setups.
The spool has a speed run spur gear that will tend to overheat your rig when bashing.

Can I just change the spur on the stock spool and still run it with low temperatures or does the center diff really make that big of a difference? If I can, what is a good size pinion to run? I decided to order a BLX 185 system. Got a good deal on a new combo (125$)

Can I just change the spur on the stock spool and still run it with low temperatures or does the center diff really make that big of a difference? If I can, what is a good size pinion to run? I decided to order a BLX 185 system. Got a good deal on a new combo (125$)
Yes you can just run a bigger spur. But just know it puts more strain on everything else when you don’t have a diff in the center to transfer power out. You will also deal with front end lifting.

So just go with the center diff then? Seems to be everyone preference here. The biggest spur looks like a 39T according to the chart it comes with. I would probably run a 25T pinion. What top speed would that be good for just out of curiosity?

So just go with the center diff then? Seems to be everyone preference here. The biggest spur looks like a 39T according to the chart it comes with. I would probably run a 25T pinion. What top speed would that be good for just out of curiosity?
A 39T spur is going the wrong way. You want at least a 46T spur. More teeth the better for bashing. Lower is better for top speed, but at the cost of heat. Go with a max of 20T on the pinion too.

Ok, a 20T pinion with a 46T spur equals to a rough top speed of what? Again id love to have a decent top speed as well as bash-ability without worrying about heat issues

Okso I got a Traxxas TQi radio system for telemetry reasons and it has TSM. Went to my LHS and they had a center diff that comes with a 50T spur that ill be buying. What will be a rough top speed with a 20T pinion/50T spur setup? I also bought a heatsink with 2 fans that attach to it to minimize temps.
3B1C6BA0-3F33-43E6-8586-4A9AFAFE052E.jpeg

Okso I got a Traxxas TQi radio system for telemetry reasons and it has TSM. Went to my LHS and they had a center diff that comes with a 50T spur that ill be buying. What will be a rough top speed with a 20T pinion/50T spur setup? I also bought a heatsink with 2 fans that attach to it to minimize temps.View attachment 58803
You’re probably between 70-80mph is my guess. Depends on temps, traction, etc.

I would say you are going to get very hot even with that gearing bashing with it. That limitless is a big rig to not let it cool down.. I would invest in some major cooling for that motor.

Whats the “safe” limit for the 2050kv motor as far as temps go? These fans move A LOT of air. Even just 1 keep my temps down on my 3S arrmas let alone 2.
image.jpg

No matter the fans I have only ever seen temp drops around 20°f.. I try not to let mine go above 180° to me that's pushing it.. especially with fans.. I am currently talking with a shop that makes fans to produce a waterproof fan at 40mm that will move aprox 10cfm of air... at 20-25v we are hoping it will draw less then .5amps.. I will hear more tomorrow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back