Limitless Merry Christmas! Wife surprised me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky guy! You can probably try a Hobbying Max 8 (or even a Max 6) with 2200kV combo. Or if you only need a 2200kV motor, Jenny RC has them under the HPI Vorza and Traxxas UDR parts. Those motors use 6.5mm connectors, so you'll need an ESC to match.
Okso I got a Traxxas TQi radio system for telemetry reasons and it has TSM. Went to my LHS and they had a center diff that comes with a 50T spur that ill be buying. What will be a rough top speed with a 20T pinion/50T spur setup? I also bought a heatsink with 2 fans that attach to it to minimize temps.
Check out a vid here, he has it on 50T spur too, and has GPS showing speed.

Okso I got a Traxxas TQi radio system for telemetry reasons and it has TSM. Went to my LHS and they had a center diff that comes with a 50T spur that ill be buying. What will be a rough top speed with a 20T pinion/50T spur setup? I also bought a heatsink with 2 fans that attach to it to minimize temps.

I've found with my Infraction the 20t Pinion and 50T Spur is going to be a pretty good sweet spot, probably max out around 55pmh on a speed run.

I did speed run with a stock Spur 46t and 20t Pinion and I netted about 65mph. (keep in mind, 27t Pinion 46t Spur is used for 80+) Mainly though, that Pinion and Spur setup I feel is going to the best overall, lower temps, great acceleration, fairly decent top speed. I've left my Infraction with this 20t P and 50t S setup specifically for bashing around and track racing!

I've found with my Infraction the 20t Pinion and 50T Spur is going to be a pretty good sweet spot, probably max out around 55pmh on a speed run.

I did speed run with a stock Spur 46t and 20t Pinion and I netted about 65mph. (keep in mind, 27t Pinion 46t Spur is used for 80+) Mainly though, that Pinion and Spur setup I feel is going to the best overall, lower temps, great acceleration, fairly decent top speed. I've left my Infraction with this 20t P and 50t S setup specifically for bashing around and track racing!
I haven't built mine yet but went with the infraction center diff 46t and ordered an 18,20 and 22t pinions. I want to be able to run 6s, I also ordred dual fans for heat. Which pinion do you think will be the best to bash with descent speed and not over heat? 20?

I haven't built mine yet but went with the infraction center diff 46t and ordered an 18,20 and 22t pinions. I want to be able to run 6s, I also ordred dual fans for heat. Which pinion do you think will be the best to bash with descent speed and not over heat? 20?
If your leaving the stock spur of 46t in, keep in mind, even out of the box the stock setup 18p/46s gave people over heating issues. I myself leave the gearing at 20p/50s for bashing as it just feels this is the best setup for the overall. It will still get hot of course if always full out, on the throttle, burnin out, doughnuts. I also don't think there is any way to bring the heat down much more then this setup, without sacrificing all of the fun points of this rig. As with any gearing setup, it's always drivers preference, though I think if you stick around the 18/20t Pinion and the 50t Spur, should allow a full battery pack to be ran through before it has to cool down between.

I also cut out the little ports on the hood of the Infraction, which allows new air flow through the body better, huge help in allowing some of that new air to heat the electronics.

If your leaving the stock spur of 46t in, keep in mind, even out of the box the stock setup 18p/46s gave people over heating issues. I myself leave the gearing at 20p/50s for bashing as it just feels this is the best setup for the overall. It will still get hot of course if always full out, on the throttle, burnin out, doughnuts. I also don't think there is any way to bring the heat down much more then this setup, without sacrificing all of the fun points of this rig. As with any gearing setup, it's always drivers preference, though I think if you stick around the 18/20t Pinion and the 50t Spur, should allow a full battery pack to be ran through before it has to cool down between.

I also cut out the little ports on the hood of the Infraction, which allows new air flow through the body better, huge help in allowing some of that new air to heat the electronics.
Oh man I was talking about the limitless. I am going to put the infraction 46t center diff in my limitless, not sure what tooth pinion to put in 18, 20 or 22t.

Understood, all the same parts! Just if you want to use the Limitless for bashing sense like an Infraction, all of what I said still implies!

Edit: Except the body modification, my apologies on that. All the internals though are the same. Although you could probably use a lil air port somewhere in the body of the Limitless as well. My apologies, not trying to confuse!

Understood, all the same parts! Just if you want to use the Limitless for bashing sense like an Infraction, all of what I said still implies!

Edit: Except the body modification, my apologies on that. All the internals though are the same. Although you could probably use a lil air port somewhere int he body of the Limitless as well. My apologies, not tying to confuse!
Ok so 18t on teh 46t but if I go to the 50t then I can put a 20t

Correct. Sorry for the confusion again. Only thing I would want to mention is that, 18t/46t is stock for the Infraction and it was giving owners owners thermal shutdowns as well. So it might do the same in the Limitless due to both having very horrible airflow to the electronics, so you may have to modify something along that nature as well to help with some heat.

Correct. Sorry for the confusion again. Only thing I would want to mention is that, 18t/46t is stock for the Infraction and it was giving owners owners thermal shutdowns as well. So it might do the same in the Limitless due to both having very horrible airflow to the electronics, so you may have to modify something along that nature as well to help with some heat.
I have dual fans on both, and will check to see how I can modify the body within reason.

Yea, my Infraction has the Dual Yeah Racing fans on a heatsink and that stock gearing still ran it pretty hot as well. After playing with the gearing some, I think the biggest help is some sort of airflow to the electronics.

Had her out today on stock gearing 27p/34s on 3S and it didntget above 110 degrees in 40 degree weather. I know thats not saying much but I wanted to feel it out. On 6S it’ll be a whole different story im sure. Anyone know if its better to have fans blowing on the motor or pulling the hot air out away from it?

Had her out today on stock gearing 27p/34s on 3S and it didntget above 110 degrees in 40 degree weather. I know thats not saying much but I wanted to feel it out. On 6S it’ll be a whole different story im sure. Anyone know if its better to have fans blowing on the motor or pulling the hot air out away from it?
Blowing on it is more easy to control. Sucking doesn’t guarantee it actually hits the motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back