Talion Messing with diff fluids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nbum89

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Not sure what version it is, it’s the latest one I’m pretty sure. EXB
Yesterday I changed out my center diff fluid to 300k and put a 18t Pinion gear on and holy balls I absolutely love how much more aggressive it preforms, except so many wheelies. Thinking maybe go down to 200k or should I change the weight fluids in the front and rear to make it even better? I’m trying to show up this weekend at the local rc clubs drag races for the first time, and make a good first impression 😉 but I also do a good amount of bashing, thanks

E336ADAE-5A4E-4224-A19C-C36B5F69507F.jpeg

For straight line speed no need to change the front or rear diffs. In the speed world people use a spool instead of the center diff. This essentially locks the diff. The LSD diff makes it a little bit confusing because the resistance is coming from both the fluid and the plates. For simple terms the higher weight oil in the center diff the more equal power is delivered to the front and rear. Just put 300k in my Outcast EXB center and I think it’s a good sweet spot for all around bashing. Also went with the aluminum 29mm diff case.

For straight line speed no need to change the front or rear diffs. In the speed world people use a spool instead of the center diff. This essentially locks the diff. The LSD diff makes it a little bit confusing because the resistance is coming from both the fluid and the plates. For simple terms the higher weight oil in the center diff the more equal power is delivered to the front and rear. Just put 300k in my Outcast EXB center and I think it’s a good sweet spot for all around bashing. Also went with the aluminum 29mm diff case.
I do a fair amount of dirt/grass playing too. I just like going fast but with balance. Another question is what is a good sweet spot for motor timing? I have no idea about that and when to change it

motor timing refers to the rpm curve for the motor. I never could see any real difference when I change it. Motor will run a little cooler on the lower numbers. I'm certainly not an expert on the motor timing. If you run hot maybe try lowering the timing. Also, buy a temp gun if you don't have one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back