Kraton METAL DIFF CASE #ARA220050

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know. thanks for the tips ??

Use this. It works great. It really does hold like red but comes off like blue. Amazing stuff.

Orange-Threadlocker.jpeg

I also have HR diff housing and other little bits and they are great quality .

Please send me that for $5? lol Just kidding but damn, I have so much blue threadlock on hand! I do want some orange though to try. I don't mind heating stuff up in the meantime.
I don't see it on any of the bog box store websites... ?‍♂️

But the Blue is about $6 and the red is about $7 in the stores, so $12 with shipping isn't terrible I guess.

I don't see it on any of the bog box store websites... ?‍♂️

But the Blue is about $6 and the red is about $7 in the stores, so $12 with shipping isn't terrible I guess.

I really thought I pay $1. I still think it's cheaper in my store. lol
https://www.harborfreight.com/02-oz-removable-threadlock-96059.html

This is the exact one I use and never a prob. Same sh*t I put on the Noto v3 servo saver and still strong after a year! ?
I'd get orange immediately if I saw it though cause I think the hobby feels like *collecting as much as it is *RC haha

what issue do the Hot Racing ones have? What makes em junk? I see they normally cost more than the Arrma ones and I certainly don't have any loyalty to HR...just curious. There are HR parts I am happy with though...steering blocks, hub extensions, um, wheel nuts? ...so just those so far... I also remember seeing the German lady (that used to be more active here) on youtube having to re-finish a diff case because there was some binding but I think it was GPM she had to fix.

yes, the basher queen.. she goes by kimberly sanchez now on youtube, and is states side now.. lives in utah i think.. and you are correct it was a gpm housing, and the o.d was so large the pinion rubbed on the housing.. she turned the o.d down to use it.. she is quite a good driver..

I've had no problems with mine and it's been in my Infraction since I got it, it's filled with 500k no leaks and none of the screws have come loose...??? I used blue 243 on the screws..?

IMG_3422 2.jpeg

Only issue I had was I picked up some rocks/stones somewhere and it ended up looking like this...?

IMG_3424.jpeg
IMG_3510.jpeg

My OCD wouldn't let me continue like that so I bought another new one..??

I had issues with arrma's 2 piece cups:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/issue-with-the-arrma-alloy-diff-cup-seems-too-long.14517/

Ended up not using a gasket on the cap end and used RTV and red locktite on both ends as the blue wouldn't hold more than a pack before the screws would back out. With both gaskets the diff was just under 1mm wider than stock and I couldn't fit shims in to get good mesh on the ring/pinion.

As for the center, with M2C chassis, hot racing motor mount/front diff holder, I could feel tension on it when put the diff in. At that point, I was like f'it and bolted it all up anyway full well expecting the bearings to blow out on me.

I honestly haven't run it a lot as between diff failures/reshimming/removing gasket, breaking other stuff, I don't have more than a few packs through the center diff, so the jury is still out on it. If the rear gives me any more issues, I'll just go back to stock plastic.

I had issues with arrma's 2 piece cups:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/issue-with-the-arrma-alloy-diff-cup-seems-too-long.14517/

Ended up not using a gasket on the cap end and used RTV and red locktite on both ends as the blue wouldn't hold more than a pack before the screws would back out. With both gaskets the diff was just under 1mm wider than stock and I couldn't fit shims in to get good mesh on the ring/pinion.

As for the center, with M2C chassis, hot racing motor mount/front diff holder, I could feel tension on it when put the diff in. At that point, I was like f'it and bolted it all up anyway full well expecting the bearings to blow out on me.

I honestly haven't run it a lot as between diff failures/reshimming/removing gasket, breaking other stuff, I don't have more than a few packs through the center diff, so the jury is still out on it. If the rear gives me any more issues, I'll just go back to stock plastic.

Very helpful. Thank you for your insight. I ordered one to try and with this information I'll be careful to keep an eye on things. I'm planning to try it on the center diff first before I jump in for more.

I just ordered 3 to replace all 3 diff cups from the plastic ones. So I guess I'll see gow they go.
I am also interested to see if the star gears still need shimming like they do in the stock plastic diff cups.

Use this. It works great. It really does hold like red but comes off like blue. Amazing stuff.

View attachment 69424
I also have HR diff housing and other little bits and they are great quality .

Forgive me for being dubious about it holding like red but coming off like blue. If you think about it isnt holding and coming off... essentially the same thing?

Those were priced in error and were the junk HR ones. I’ve either thrashed or given away all but one of the ones I bought. Haven’t used the Arrma ones yet.
I only had fitment issues with my f/r in the Hot Racing gearboxes, I actually had to run the diff I was going to run in the front in the rear and run the rear one in the front thankfully they both were filled with 50k oil, other than that they have been great.
Why is it $12??
You get almost twice as much 10ml for the orange vs 6ml for the blue from Permitex.
20200315_224442.jpg

Last edited:
I have all my diffs repalced with the arrma aluminum. Works great and fits perfect. Make sure to shim it correctly. Also use orange thread locker on those diff screws. I forgot to use any thread locker on the center diff and the screw slippped out and chewed my center mount. View attachment 69423
How do you use the shims behind the planetary and still set the gear into the pin ??!! Blowin my mind !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back