metal spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rto_13

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey i just got a traxxas 12t to replace the 15t that burnt out, and i ran it for 10 minutes and stripped the spur gear. Am i doing something wrong or is it just because its plastic and is there a metal one available?

Which one would fit or you would recommend? And would i need to get a new pinion from the stock?

Oh wow really? I wonder why the hot racing ones are so small.

I just realized that the spur I linked to is a 32p gear, where as the stock one is 48p. So you would need a new 32p motor pinion to run that spur. Probably a 13t or so I would think if running the 57t spur.

Funny Arrma actually makes their own 32p gears for the Granite https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDUPP&P=7

After a bit of Google work it appears the 57/13 32p gearing is stock for the Granite BLX. So I think that would work just fine for you.

Last edited:
Guys I know this is a very old thread but can anyone help with a couple of bls fury's , a friend and me have both stripped our idle gears in the gearbox , we ordered the metal gear set for the fury but didn't realise we had ordered parts for a blx , seems the parts we need are very discontinued lol is there a fix anyone knows of or do parts from anything else fit , got loads of arrma rc but the fury is a real enjoyment to drive and I would love to get it back up and running cheers
Ps we did both run them on 3s batteries and brushless motors , got a pair of 2s batteries to use now if I can get the needed parts

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back