Mojave MEXB de Queso

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pulled the trigger on on Vitavon silver and Hyrax. ??

View attachment 106249

View attachment 106250
Promodeler won’t be available until December.
Oh man..... yeah!!!!!
It seems Mojave EXB is starting to ship?. So I guess I’ll attempt a build thread?. Going to start with basics.
Starting with BLX185,BLX4074 2050 KV..(Will upgrade to Castle combo tentative) Hitec HS-7950th (will get promodeler DS470BLHV when available) Spektrum DX3/SR315(should be fine for my style and terrain). LOL... I just tried to purchase Vitavon silver wheels and they only had one set in stock so I will get as soon as possible along with Hyrax tires. HR 50mm monster blower motor cooling fan. Tbone mudguards
I hear ya...... I am looking at possibly doing a build thread in the near future..... :oops: still deciding on electronics.....not EZ being a new B (in my case)

Just finished chatting with Horizon Hobbies. He seems pretty positive that the MEXB will arrive on the 12th, I know they work from home so information may be a little sketchy. He said sometimes shipments arrive a few days early sometimes a few days or weeks late but the scheduled target date is the 12th.

ON ITS WAY!!???

E95CE667-4296-4103-8661-40E6382B978B.png

Estimated delivery date:
Friday 11/20/2020 by end of day
The delivery date may be updated when FedEx receives the package.

Last edited:
website says two pinions included.
16T and 20T Mod 1 Pinion, I only got 16t. Does that sound right?

Last edited:
Is yours on the way?

I bought my first rc (mojave) 10 months ago.
Ive run it only 4 times on 4s packs.
I decided to do "Full Guns Blazzed" upgrade on her. Put all the best out there.
So i bought every month 2 parts or so..
Now i got all i need.
Soon will start working on her..
I will post all the project process..

Hey @Cheez, those Vivaton UDR wheels have to be drilled out? UDR has a much smaller axle hub. Correct? How did you do that. I am not averse to screwing Beadlocks. I've been doing it on my Crawler beadlocks for years. I would jump on a set but they need to be drilled out considerably and properly or risk a set of expensive wheels. How did you do it? Any recommendations?
Thanx in advance for your reply.

Hey @Cheez, those Vivaton UDR wheels have to be drilled out? UDR has a much smaller axle hub. Correct? How did you do that. I am not averse to screwing Beadlocks. I've been doing it on my Crawler beadlocks for years. I would jump on a set but they need to be drilled out considerably and properly or risk a set of expensive wheels. How did you do it? Any recommendations?
Thanx in advance for your reply.
I did not have to do any drilling. My biggest concern is the serrated nuts have to grip metal and the rear wheel is very close to the rod end.

image.jpg

image.jpg

They are sweet and grabbed my attention. Having real nice Crawler beadlocks and all I get it.. Practical for tire replacement etc.
I also questioned clearance at the hubs. Ran into that issue with some Crawler wheels too.
Are these Vivaton specifically for the UDR only and just happen to fit... no mods at all. The pictures on Ebay are misleading. ($98.00) Actually not much more money than Crawlers wheels I have purchased before. The wheel hub holes seem clearly too small on EBay for a 17mm hex axle. Thats why I asked. Thanx for the reply Nice rig you got there btw.(y)

Edit:
The seratted nut issue, I agree. Nut loosening may be an issue. I have M2C double nutted hexes at the ready. Using single M2C hexes right now. Those Vivaton wheels will get chewed up from the nuts for sure. Happens to my Crawler wheels. But they stay put. Crawlers don't go fast anyway. Bad comparison. But as long as they stay tight they are fine.

Last edited:
They are sweet and grabbed my attention. Having real nice Crawler beadlocks and all I get it.. Practical for tire replacement etc.
I also questioned clearance at the hubs. Ran into that again with Crawler wheels.
Are these Vivaton specifically for the UDR only and just happen to fit... no mods at all. The pictures on Ebay are misleading. ($98.00) Actually not much more money than Crawlers wheels I have purchased before. The wheel hub holes seem clearly too small on EBay for a 17mm hex axle. Thats why I asked. Thanx for the reply Nice rig you got there btw.(y)
I have KMC XD series beadlock on my yetis. The Vitavon wheels are advertised as specifically for Mojave.

Ty (y)
Those KMC XD's are sweet and not cheap I know. 2.2's on the Yeti, if I am correct?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back