Michigan Michigan rc enthusiasts unite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How’s things going for everyone?
Hey how are you? Enjoying the ramp I hope. Sorry to everyone to not posting anything lately. This has been a crazy year for the company I work for.. anyone looking for work with lots of overtime? I have been working 70 hr weeks the past month so trying to set anything up for Sunday Funday has been difficult as it is my only day to get anything done around the house.

Hey how are you? Enjoying the ramp I hope. Sorry to everyone to not posting anything lately. This has been a crazy year for the company I work for.. anyone looking for work with lots of overtime? I have been working 70 hr weeks the past month so trying to set anything up for Sunday Funday has been difficult as it is my only day to get anything done around the house.
That’s a good problem to have. OT buys new vehicles once in a while too. I picked up a Felony a few weeks ago, but with replacement tires being out everywhere, I haven’t been running it much. I could do a diff swap, but I kind of like the setup. Plus I won’t be doing speed runs with it so not super concerned. Will probably buy all the silver 53/107 rears out everywhere I can though 🥲

I keep toying with the idea of a 3S vehicle. Not in love with the Vorteks though. Not sure where I’d drive the Typhon where the Kraton wouldn’t already go. Maybe wait and see if they refresh the Senton…

I have been tinkering with my Typhon 3s almost every day. It's the only car I have. I couldn't imagine if I had more than one. I have the ride height set low but I have some duratrax Mt tires on it. It does well on grass but I'm probably done jumping ramps running it at Hines drive rc track as it's pretty rough. Last week I drove down to the bike pump track on Hines drive about 7 miles from there. I ran it by myself on some grass and took some video of it. But, mainly I run it in the street and in my front yard. Home renovations and other jobs around the house have kept me busy. As well as having an 11 year old son with Autism has been a challenge recently. He's high functioning but struggles with getting along with his sister and has some anxiety issues surrounding bugs.

But the best place to run my Typhon is in open grass fields. It's pretty fun to run on 4s. I kind of lost my desire to jump it as things kept constantly breaking and parts are hard to get.

That’s a good problem to have. OT buys new vehicles once in a while too. I picked up a Felony a few weeks ago, but with replacement tires being out everywhere, I haven’t been running it much. I could do a diff swap, but I kind of like the setup. Plus I won’t be doing speed runs with it so not super concerned. Will probably buy all the silver 53/107 rears out everywhere I can though 🥲
You are very correct there a definite good problem to have I actually picked up an x max last week and love it so much I'm going to pick up another one tomorrow lol I have honestly been selling off all my Arma and parts the only thing left is thekraton 6 and 8s I would probably sell the 6 as well if I didn't already have so many thousands put into it
I keep toying with the idea of a 3S vehicle. Not in love with the Vorteks though. Not sure where I’d drive the Typhon where the Kraton wouldn’t already go. Maybe wait and see if they refresh the Senton…
I'm still hoping for a revised 4s line more then just the upgraded parts the vortex has. I feel it isn't worth it just for the electronics I would take out anyway

LOL! It sure is too!
Max 8 in mine is fun....pretty sure I'd fold it into a taco with the 6!
When you do, replaced it with a Typhon 6S instead 🤣🤘🏻

Oddly I’m working up in Detroit most of the summer. Working 12 hr days makes it hard to do any RC related stuff away from home. Have been staying up here all week and then get home for the weekend and have plenty of chores on the honey do list. 😢

When you do, replaced it with a Typhon 6S instead 🤣🤘🏻

Oddly I’m working up in Detroit most of the summer. Working 12 hr days makes it hard to do any RC related stuff away from home. Have been staying up here all week and then get home for the weekend and have plenty of chores on the honey do list. 😢
What area?

I’m working at Grand River and 10 mile.
Ok yeah that isn't too far but not close enough either. I work in that area often. It's usually pretty busy in that area. Might be able to find an industrial drive to get some speed runs in when you are bored...

Ok yeah that isn't too far but not close enough either. I work in that area often. It's usually pretty busy in that area. Might be able to find an industrial drive to get some speed runs in when you are bored...
What does bored mean? 🤣 I work 12 hours no breaks.

Fudge all that crap
I would need a break
I’m trying to get home. If I work 8’s with breaks then it will take longer to complete this crap. If I can get a weeks worth of work done in 3 days, then I can get home and enjoy life rather than sit up here all week.

I’m trying to get home. If I work 8’s with breaks then it will take longer to complete this crap. If I can get a weeks worth of work done in 3 days, then I can get home and enjoy life rather than sit up here all week.
True dat. I completely get that then. Hopefully after you take a good long weekends rest.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back