Michigan Sunday Funday 11/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@jondilly1974 My backflipping Senton 3S BLX setup is:

*Hobbywing EZRun Max 10 SCT
*Hobbywing 4000kv motor
*Stock spur gear
*20 tooth pinion

It had been so long since I ran (or worked on) the Senton that I completely forgot which pinion I was running. Lately, this setup has been overheating. I think I need to go through and change some bearings.

@jondilly1974 My backflipping Senton 3S BLX setup is:

*Hobbywing EZRun Max 10 SCT
*Hobbywing 4000kv motor
*Stock spur gear
*20 tooth pinion

It had been so long since I ran (or worked on) the Senton that I completely forgot which pinion I was running. Lately, this setup has been overheating. I think I need to go through and change some bearings.
That 4000kv motor might be a little too high for 3S. Might consider something in the mid to upper 2xxxkv range to keep heat down.

Front motor bearing and the slipper clutch bearing were going bad. This setup had worked fine over the summer with temps hovering around 160-180 degrees. This is a sensored motor too.

I changed the bearings and I'm dropping down to a 15T pinion. I did some speed runs over the summer and this chainsaw hit 55 mph on the money! Not bad for a 3S SCT!

3S (11.1) x 4000kv = 44,400 unloaded RPM.

55 mph.png

Front motor bearing and the slipper clutch bearing were going bad. This setup had worked fine over the summer with temps hovering around 160-180 degrees. This is a sensored motor too.

I changed the bearings and I'm dropping down to a 15T pinion. I did some speed runs over the summer and this chainsaw hit 55 mph on the money! Not bad for a 3S SCT!

3S (11.1) x 4000kv = 44,400 unloaded RPM.

View attachment 108879
Well that math is close. 3S is actually 12.6v fully charged. So it’s more like 50k rpms but that should still be ok. I just prefer lower KV motors for bashing and gear up to make up the speed. That thing was flying tho, so it’s legit.

Well that math is close. 3S is actually 12.6v fully charged. So it’s more like 50k rpms but that should still be ok. I just prefer lower KV motors for bashing and gear up to make up the speed. That thing was flying tho, so it’s legit.
I've been considering dropping down to 3600ish-kv to lower my torque curve. Baby steps.

I was throwing some decals on the Senton and decided to make "Sunday Funday" my primary sponsor On the world's first backflipping Senton, I might add! This thing was purchased as a Mega 550...and twice the amount of money later! Wa-La! Backflips and sponsorship!

Thanks for the decals! ?

IMG_20201116_204354.jpg

...and I was on 3S. I haven't ran a 4 cell in it yet. I forgot that I could.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back