Michigan Sunday Funday Take 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here is a complete list of CARNAGE as @MaddogMikeD would say ?

I figured out that the Pinion/spur damage was caused by the motor shaft slipping out and pushed the pinion beyond the spur. The bearings seemed possibly OK, but they were replaced with FE Ceramic Rubber Shielded bearings just in case. I got questioned for the bread trick. My GF was puzzled and didn't believe me until I showed her. ??

Kraton 4S Carnage:
  • K4S body is shot
  • Spur
  • Pinion
  • Motor bearings
  • Front skidplate
  • 2 x Front bumpers
  • Chassis - the front bumper ridge busted out when I landed on a rock
  • Both rear hubs, one at a time
  • Wheelie bar brace
  • Shock end cap (not pictured below)
Granite 3S Carnage:
  • Motor cap screws came out, but motor looks fine otherwise.

IMG-5338.jpg

IMG_5339.jpg

So here is a complete list of CARNAGE as @MaddogMikeD would say ?

I figured out that the Pinion/spur damage was caused by the motor shaft slipping out and pushed the pinion beyond the spur. The bearings seemed possibly OK, but they were replaced with FE Ceramic Rubber Shielded bearings just in case. I got questioned for the bread trick. My GF was puzzled and didn't believe me until I showed her. ??

Kraton 4S Carnage:
  • K4S body is shot
  • Spur
  • Pinion
  • Motor bearings
  • Front skidplate
  • 2 x Front bumpers
  • Chassis - the front bumper ridge busted out when I landed on a rock
  • Both rear hubs, one at a time
  • Wheelie bar brace
  • Shock end cap (not pictured below)
Granite 3S Carnage:
  • Motor cap screws came out, but motor looks fine otherwise.

View attachment 71304
View attachment 71305
That poor kraton was still going though lol!

Any of you Michigan bashers, know of a speed run area , around this area ??

Any of you Michigan bashers, know of a speed run area , around this area ??
While I’m just south of the border into Ohio, I can tell you that your best bet is a rural country road with minimal trees and ditches. Try to find a spot with a nice flat straight stretch. It’s pretty easy here in Ohio as we pave all our country roads, where I know Michigan tends to leave theirs just gravel. You can also try to find a distribution center that isn’t closed in. Not sure if your near a city or rural. Let me know if that helps or not.

Thx for replys,. Ya roads are shot in this state,. I'm 16mi. North of boarder, right off I 75..

Attachments

• IMG_20200316_114440.jpg
    IMG_20200316_114440.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 34
Sooo...I bought a new pinion as recommended..... Couple of high speed passes across the field behind the house, esc at 100 f.
... Going to have to revisit dif fluids to try for more even traction as the nose won't come up at all

Last edited:
Sooo...I bought a new pinion as recommended..... Couple of high speed passes across the field behind the house, esc at 100 f.
... Going to have to revisit dif fluids to try for more even traction as the nose won't come up at all
Which rig?

Kraton..front tires balloon bad, backs just spin. I can do a burnout lol!
Throttle control is needed. That extra speed isn’t usable off the rip. It’s for in air correction. Otherwise you have to moderate your pulls. Only so much will get to the ground. Beyond that, it’s a waste

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back