Mickey Thompson / The First American to 400

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
When I was a kid, my daddy taught me about Mickey Thompson tires. This was when the narrowed rear end, street rod (edit: I should've said, "Pro Street") trend started gaining momentum. There was a fine-ass, cherry red Chevy 2 that would show up around town and he was sporting the narrowed, "tubbed" rear end with Mickey Thompson slicks. He'd cut channels in the tires in an attempt to make it street legal. We'd drive around every weekend looking for this Chevy 2 just to see if he'd hammer it.
Anyway, I watch the MotorTrend YouTube channel now and then and today they showed a feature on Mickey Thompson.
Here it is and worth watching if you dig Hot Rod culture.

Here's Mickey Thompson's Wikipedia page. He died when I was 18 year old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey_Thompson

Here's his business partner, Michael Goodwin, that was sentenced to 2x life in prison for having him murdered. He's here with his lawyer.

1592967492452.png

Last edited:
I've seen a couple stories on Mickey's life, one traced the final day of his life. It showed where he lived, the neighborhood of where the killer had to navigate, and the spot where he was shot in his driveway. Used his tires for years, still run his ET street frontrunners.
20200623_224632.jpg

I've seen a couple stories on Mickey's life, one traced the final day of his life. It showed where he lived, the neighborhood of where the killer had to navigate, and the spot where he was shot in his driveway. Used his tires for years, still run his ET street frontrunners.View attachment 86888
I figured you had em on. I prefer black tires on hot rods. No letters and no walls. I like em all but this is what I prefer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back