Kraton Middle diff issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrance

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So I am almost done a complete tear down and rebuild with a new combo. Re did all diffs added shims swapped some that needed the mugen shims. So I just need to tie some stuff together but I am noticing my middle diff seems loose in the diff mount and the motor mount side. What I mean is it is super easy to pull up. Something isn't right. Electronics are good but I don't wanna even do a small test run till I find out what the issue is with the middle diff. Everything seems correct I have all.new bearings, it just doesn't seem to be sitting im there snug enough. Am I going crazy or did in fact miss something or do I need to do something else. If pics would help I can send some.

The center diff top cover has a lip (flip it upside down and you can see it) - make sure it goes over the motor mount/center diff mount and seats properly. You may have the push the plastic diff mount towards the metal motor mount to get it to seat properly

Did you properly place the top piece on? It sits on top a certain way to be snug between the motor mount and front diff mount. Take the top piece off and look at it upside down
Ya I did. I forgot I had the hr duff mount as well so I'm gonna throw that in and put it back together. I also hasn't put the top cover back on and felt it after that I was just going by the feel before hand. I kind of feel stupid now as that probably tightens it up??

Ya I did. I forgot I had the hr duff mount as well so I'm gonna throw that in and put it back together. I also hasn't put the top cover back on and felt it after that I was just going by the feel before hand. I kind of feel stupid now as that probably tightens it up??
Yeah, I've put it on wrong before and tightened it down without making sure the top piece sat flush.

Don't mix the HR diff mount with a V4 or V5 motor mount. They are at different heights and are not compatible.
Take a picture of your issue, I don't quite understand your dilemma.

The HR alloy top center top plate has 3 pieces altogether. The red alloy spacers ( mine are red/black top) above each bearing MUST be put in screwed correctly to the top plate (they are indexed) or you will have the slop you see. Ask me how I know. :cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back