This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomis38

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
  8. Vendetta
Ive done a few minor mods to my Senton,

1: baja buggy body with light bar, and some decals i made and cut out of vinyl from hobby lobby
2: made a custom mesh chassis debris guard out of screen/shoogoo/staples/velcro
3: chassis brace, cutrain rod/plastidip/hotglue
4: badlands style tires, Chinese knock offs for $25 on ebay, very grippy and durable

pics and youtube below

pics show the chassis brace that is explained in my youtube video, let me know what you think, its my fav current RC car

1.jpg
3.jpg
20190105_000205.jpg

2.jpg

I like that mesh cover! Any heat issues with using it?

Nope, but currently i only run 4s, I don't feel much resistance when i blow air through it. I have done it before on my slash and Team C TS4, in the hottest of summer with no issues.

Long ago but it never ran without them after making them. :)

I liked mine with the vw Baja body to before the shell got trashed from bashing it. Then got a wild hair and put kraton arms and shafts on to widen it but went back to stock arms. Love the proline Badlands with desperado wheels, left them on it, perfect for the senton. In one of the pictures you can see the kraton arms installed, they were new and clean..... Lol
20170630_225211.jpg
20170428_192903.jpg
20170629_193431.jpg

If you really want to have some fun with it replace front and rear differentials with kraton differentials. Talk about power, fun and wheelies, total blast and different machine. Run them in mine on 4s only, wheelies on demand, fast take offs, goes just about anywhere I point it. Ran it against a few other sentons that were using 6s and they couldn't believe that I walked the dog on them using 4s, never told my little secret, they assumed I was using a different pinion, I'm running a 15t because I bash it not run it up and down the road.

If you really want to have some fun with it replace front and rear differentials with kraton differentials. Talk about power, fun and wheelies, total blast and different machine. Run them in mine on 4s only, wheelies on demand, fast take offs, goes just about anywhere I point it. Ran it against a few other sentons that were using 6s and they couldn't believe that I walked the dog on them using 4s, never told my little secret, they assumed I was using a different pinion, I'm running a 15t because I bash it not run it up and down the road.

very nice info

How hard is it to swap? Do I need the new bulkheads or is the gears the only thing that needs to come out?

How hard is it to swap? Do I need the new bulkheads or is the gears the only thing that needs to come out?
Not hard at all, I just replaced the whole differential, case and all. I bought the differentials off eBay cheaper than just buying the gear sets.

The differentials are the same in the Kraton, Outcast. Notorious, Typhon, Senton, Talion. The only difference is the main input gear.

The one in the Kraton, Talion, Outcast and Notorious is:
MAIN INPUT GEAR 10T SPIRAL (1PC)
#AR310498

The one in the Typhon and Senton is this one:
MAIN INPUT GEAR 13T STRAIGHT (1PC)
#AR310468

That is the part that makes the speed and torque difference. You can see that one gear has 10 teeth, and the other one has 13. Hope that helps! ;)

Following the same principle of pinion to spur, the input gear from the Senton 13T should be more top end while the 10T from the Outkast is more torque.

So not sure how a 10T swap on the Senton makes it run much faster, just as if seeing it pinion/spur.

?

Last edited:
Following the same principle of pinion to spur, the input gear from the Senton 13T should be more top end while the 10T from the Outkast is more torque.

So not sure how a 10T swap on the Senton makes it run much faster, just as if seeing it pinion/spur.

?

Exactly, the 10T main input gear should give more torque, just like a smaller pinion would give more torque also. I guess it makes sense to give the smaller Typhon and Senton a input gear with more teeth for more top end since these cars also have smaller tires. The Kraton, Talion, Outcast and Notorious have a lot larger tires so if they would have the same gearing as the smaller Typhon and Senton the engine has to work too hard. Probably resulting in some overheating issues etc. And you will most likely be missing out some torque because of this.

Both the ring gear & input pinion gear are different. The Senton/Typhon have straight teeth on the gears while the Kraton/Outcast have spiral cut teeth on the gears. Both ring gears are 43t.

Nahh, does not make any sense what he is stating about the swap input gear. I need to see a video about it, if you do the math it is unrealistic.

I use on the Talion much bigger tires than the Kraton and Outkast on 6S w a 20T and it does not overheat. It has front and rear T-bone bumpers, wheelie bar and its a hard case battery on Deans connector, w the jumper plug. It has some weight and somewhat resistance in the wiring. I did lose on acceleration but not that much, which thats what I wanted, more of one third in the trigger and its like a 2nd gear kicks in, pulls well and wheelies on demand. The much bigger tires added a lot of top end. /// 20k R - 100k C - 50k diff oils.

The stock motor is a beast and can handle plenty of weight and power. Not starting any text wars here, but I just don't like when something is stated as the greatest discovery w no logic into it, and everyone else follows up without even questioning whats been said.

Last edited:
The Kraton/Outcast has spiral cut diff gears with a smaller input pinion to deal with the strain of running larger, heavier tires. The spiral or helical gears are angled for more contact space per tooth. This provides more torque, less vibration, & less noise over straight cut gears. The problem with these gears is that they aren't angled enough to take that strain over a long period of time. Gears need a certain amount of slop or give to reduce wear & heat transfer (i.e. the spur/pinion mesh). But this is a double edged sword for diffs with small teeth like Arrma's. People shim their diffs for a tighter mesh to reduce the "slapping" that can break small teeth. But this will cause the teeth to wear faster.

Enough with the off-topic crap. The 10/43 gears will have more torque, faster acceleration, & lower top end speed. The 13/43 gears will have less torque, slower acceleration, & higher top end speed. You also have to account for tire size, tread grip, & ballooning. All Arrma 1/8 truggy based cars are stock geared to allow a certain amount of overhead for their systems. In other words, if you take the Kraton diffs & put them in a Senton w/ no other changes, the car will be faster (from a standing start & accelerating) but have less top speed overall.

How we call it in the streets, faster zero to sixty, but will choke on the top end.

Exactly what I was saying, so this Senton thing on 4S beating 6S on drag races its not accurate at all. To make it worst, more torque from a dead start will make it more difficult to hold a straight line. So this thing it goes where I tell it to drives better is also false.

And I can continue talking about it, if you had enough read other threads.

Maybe my post came off on the wrong direction when I stated it was faster. What I was trying to imply was that because of the kraton differentials gearing it gives my senton, being shorter and a little lighter, more torque for faster take offs, not top end faster, sorry for the confusion. I lost faster too end speed but gained quicker acceleration making it launch faster. I'm also running the Badlands on the desperado wheels which are smaller than stock kraton wheels and tires which gives me a little more gearing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back