Mile High Nationals Drag Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rottster

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
Had a chance to hit the real drags today. Doesn't look like I can post video, but it was awesome.
IMG_5166.JPG
IMG_5164.JPG

IMG_5171.JPG

0 to 320+ mph in a 1000', it's just an experience that is... Indescribable. The sound, the smell and the fury, it rattles your eyeballs. My wife took this picture there... :) I'm still huffing my shirt....the smell of Nitromethane and burning rubber just brings me to a happy place, when I used to race.

Freedom.jpg

I took this once I got home, lol.
IMG_5219.JPG

IMG_5221.JPG

Last edited:
I dig going to Nation events, fuel cars are the 💣. I like when our group goes to one with someone who hasn't experienced a fuel hit and see the expression on their face....priceless.

That life must be crazy to have all those extra heads, blocks, pistons ETC. laying around waiting for their turn to get blown off the block, not to mention the money involved. Racing RC broke me :LOL:

Pure insanity, and the money oh man! They run on such a razor's edge tune too. Too rich and they hydraulic catastrophically, too lean and they melt pistons..... Catastrophically. But man, 320+ mph from zero in a thousand feet with 11,000 hp, it's just a mind blowing thing to see, feel, smell and hear.
I dig going to Nation events, fuel cars are the 💣. I like when our group goes to one with someone who hasn't experienced a fuel hit and see the expression on their face....priceless.
My daughter in-law about pooped her pants and ran out of the stands when I took her and my son in 2018. Meh, she turned out to be a #$%^ (*&% anyway, they're getting divorced, lol.

Watching it right now, Round two Top Fuel.

I have yet to watch in person. Tickets are twice as much (and more) as Nascar tickets!:(
There are many alternatives to NHRA national events, like their divisional events like the Lucus Oil drag racing series,IHRA races, and many no prep events across the country, like Armageddon and Lights Out just to name a few. Sure some of these events would be in line with Nascar.

I enjoy these "smaller races" as much as the national events. I love door cars which is what these no prep races are. If you have the opportunity to check any of these out in your area do so, it will blow your mind. 💯

Ben a fan for years. There's nothing like standing there on the pit side, 20 ft from the tree, when the Funny's or Top Fuel launch. Fingers in your ears till they get halfway down. Used to watch AA Fuel Altered's at Bee Line Dragway in Mesa, AZ, back in the 70"s. It was rare to see both cars make it all the way down in one piece. Things were squirrelly. Fun stuff.

Agreed to all that has been said about NHRA events. Top fuel drag is something you have to experience in person. The sound pressure is so intense you can feel it in your lungs and shakes the earth.

Top fuel hydro is pretty cool also. My friend is the daughter of the Kirkland family, who set a speed record with the Spirit of Texas top fuel hydro. On a side note if you have allergy or sinus issues stand in the pits when they fire these motors up and it will clear out all those sinus issues!!!!

1658174867243.png

There are many alternatives to NHRA national events, like their divisional events like the Lucus Oil drag racing series,IHRA races, and many no prep events across the country, like Armageddon and Lights Out just to name a few. Sure some of these events would be in line with Nascar.

I enjoy these "smaller races" as much as the national events. I love door cars which is what these no prep races are. If you have the opportunity to check any of these out in your area do so, it will blow your mind. 💯
My best chance was when I lived in Vegas. Timing and $ never lined up:(

I'm not easily star struck but I would love to meet the Force Family. John Force is the man!!!
I like all levels of racing but one day will have to make it to the big boys races.

Back in the day.. A friend and I would head down to Ennis to catch the Top Fuel & Funny Car races.. Fun times!!
Gotta love that smell of nitromethane 😂

Met Lori Johns and took a super sexy photo of her.. But for the life me.. I can't find that photo..
I was able to get one of the "spent" pistons from her top fuel dragster afterwards though.

Timing and $ never lined up:(
Same here, big events seem to keep getting farther away from home it's like taking a vacation.
Back in the day.. A friend and I would head down to Ennis to catch the Top Fuel & Funny Car races.. Fun times!!

Met Lori Johns and took a super sexy photo of her.. But for the life me.. I can't find that photo..
I was able to get one of the "spent" pistons from her top fuel dragster afterwards though.
Remember Lori John's when she was running TAD at a local track years ago, seen her in a bad wreck on the top end of the track, don't remember how bad she got hurt if any but shut the race down for awhile.
Agreed to all that has been said about NHRA events. Top fuel drag is something you have to experience in person. The sound pressure is so intense you can feel it in your lungs and shakes the earth.

Top fuel hydro is pretty cool also. My friend is the daughter of the Kirkland family, who set a speed record with the Spirit of Texas top fuel hydro. On a side note if you have allergy or sinus issues stand in the pits when they fire these motors up and it will clear out all those sinus issues!!!!

View attachment 230377
I know that name because I used to watch the boat races on TV. You can tell that's a nitro engine by the look of the flames out of the headers, alcohol doesn't look the same.

Last edited:

Whoa! Take it easy!
Not the place to talk about your spent piston!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
(i never claimed to have tasteful or good joke)🤪

My best chance was when I lived in Vegas. Timing and $ never lined up:(

I'm not easily star struck but I would love to meet the Force Family. John Force is the man!!!
I like all levels of racing but one day will have to make it to the big boys races.
If you've never been to the drags when Top Fuel and Funny's are running, you owe it to yourself to go. Seeing it on TV does not do it justice. You have to be there and feel the power of those things. Nothing like it. I like door slammers and Pro Stock too, but it's not the same.

If you've never been to the drags when Top Fuel and Funny's are running, you owe it to yourself to go. Seeing it on TV does not do it justice. You have to be there and feel the power of those things. Nothing like it. I like door slammers and Pro Stock too, but it's not the same.

Amen!

@N.Mango
You MUST go experience one of those drag races in person!
That Noise AND Percussion of the Power from those motors..
It's insane!!!

You MUST go experience one of those drag races in person!
That Noise AND Percussion of the Power from those motors..
It's insane!!!
It's on my list for sure. When the stars line up correctly I wont pass it up:)
I cant wait for the day:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back