Mini t high roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
My friend at school is selling me a Losi mini high roller with a broken tie rod for $30. It’s fine other than that, is that a good price?

My friend at school is selling me a Losi mini high roller with a broken tie rod for $30. It’s fine other than that, is that a good price?
Aren't those over $200 new??
Sounds too good to be true if so, ...I'd be asking whether it's stolen tbh or if there is some other reason why it's so cheap.

If you trust him and know him then I'd say it's definitely a good buy/price.

Aren't those over $200 new??
Sounds too good to be true if so, ...I'd be asking whether it's stolen tbh or if there is some other reason why it's so cheap.

If you trust him and know him then I'd say it's definitely a good buy/price.
It’s a first gen from 2009, and wash thrashed, he’s told me what he and his brother did with it, he broke his and his brother gave him the one I’m gonna but from him

I converted my micro-t to a micro-high roller. Very tippy. Contemplating getting the DT chassis just to have a longer micro-t, but parts are hard to find these days as they were discontinued a while back.

The best upgrades I did were the alloy transmission case with bearings on the input shaft vs bushings, the 2.4ghz receiver/esc board and the micro-sct diff mod. Without those 3 things, I wouldn't even drive it. The stock diff sucked and wouldn't even hold up to the stock brushed motor for long. Forget about the "big block" or DT motors or god forbid, brushless.

I just took the brushless motor out of my micro-sct to put in it a couple days ago. Was then I realized I didn't bind either truck to my new DX5C remote. The micro-HR board bound fine, but the micro-sct board won't bind to it. No clue why... same board. I don't drive the MSCT anyway, too large for inside my house and too small for outside, so it was just sitting.

I replaced the front tie-rods and camber links with micro 2mm ball ends/threaded rod. I have alloy oil filled shocks on it, but they don't work that great. Also have the threaded axles, full bearing kit and DT tires/wheels on it mounted backwards to widen it.

I have too much $ into it, but it's still fun to zip around the house. I run it with my remote set at 70% travel on the throttle because even geared down, it was too fast. Now that the brushless is in it, I have it at 50%.

Don't have any photo's since the brushless install, but these are relatively current:
2019-0521-MicroHighRoller-FrontAngleBodyOn.jpg

2019-0521-MicroHighRoller-top.jpg

2019-0521-MicroHighRoller-Side.jpg

I gutted the inside and put the receiver board in there with the lipo on the flat top deck. I did that originally because I was running a 4 or 5 cell NiMH AAA pack I made on it. Then started running a 2S lipo on it that was still too big to fit in the battery bay.

I have no clue how long it runs on a full charge. I know I ran it pretty constant for 45 minutes 2 days ago and the pack came off at just below storage charge, so likely get an hour of run time out of it.

It’s a first gen from 2009, and wash thrashed, he’s told me what he and his brother did with it, he broke his and his brother gave him the one I’m gonna but from him

If parts availability isn't a issue and it's not totally trashed $30 isn't that much for would what could be a fun little mini.

If parts availability isn't a issue and it's not totally trashed $30 isn't that much for would what could be a fun little mini.
Yeah, it’s just missing the tie rods, other than that it’s fine
I converted my micro-t to a micro-high roller. Very tippy. Contemplating getting the DT chassis just to have a longer micro-t, but parts are hard to find these days as they were discontinued a while back.

The best upgrades I did were the alloy transmission case with bearings on the input shaft vs bushings, the 2.4ghz receiver/esc board and the micro-sct diff mod. Without those 3 things, I wouldn't even drive it. The stock diff sucked and wouldn't even hold up to the stock brushed motor for long. Forget about the "big block" or DT motors or god forbid, brushless.

I just took the brushless motor out of my micro-sct to put in it a couple days ago. Was then I realized I didn't bind either truck to my new DX5C remote. The micro-HR board bound fine, but the micro-sct board won't bind to it. No clue why... same board. I don't drive the MSCT anyway, too large for inside my house and too small for outside, so it was just sitting.

I replaced the front tie-rods and camber links with micro 2mm ball ends/threaded rod. I have alloy oil filled shocks on it, but they don't work that great. Also have the threaded axles, full bearing kit and DT tires/wheels on it mounted backwards to widen it.

I have too much $ into it, but it's still fun to zip around the house. I run it with my remote set at 70% travel on the throttle because even geared down, it was too fast. Now that the brushless is in it, I have it at 50%.

Don't have any photo's since the brushless install, but these are relatively current:

I gutted the inside and put the receiver board in there with the lipo on the flat top deck. I did that originally because I was running a 4 or 5 cell NiMH AAA pack I made on it. Then started running a 2S lipo on it that was still too big to fit in the battery bay.

I have no clue how long it runs on a full charge. I know I ran it pretty constant for 45 minutes 2 days ago and the pack came off at just below storage charge, so likely get an hour of run time out of it.
What tie rods are in yours? I’ll probably get them since he broke the stock ones.

Yeah, it’s just missing the tie rods, other than that it’s fine

What tie rods are in yours? I’ll probably get them since he broke the stock ones.
These:
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?I=DUBQ0928

I cut the unthreaded bit off and used the threaded part as the link with one of the cups on each end. Was a tedious process, but worked out well. Most micro-t work is tedious... big hands, small parts, lots of squinting.

This thread makes me want to get the new Mini T 2.0, I think my LHS can get one they are a Horizon Hobbies authorized dealer.

This thread makes me want to get the new Mini T 2.0, I think my LHS can get one they are a Horizon Hobbies authorized dealer.
I used to have a Mini T. Had it upgraded brushless and all and I regret getting rid of it. Didn't know they released it again, now I'll have to get one.

have a pic of that thing next to your hand or something to show scale? ive never seen one of those. super cool

Sorry @The Twingo Lord, didn't mean to murder your thread.

have a pic of that thing next to your hand or something to show scale? ive never seen one of those. super cool

By my hand:
2019-1123-MicroHighRoller-ByHand.jpg

With a trencher 3.8 tire/wheel (the tall one):
2019-1123-MicroHighRoller-InFrontOfTrencher3.8.jpg

2019-1123-MicroHighRoller-OnTrencher3.8.jpg

Next to a 3660 and 4074 brushless motor:
2019-1123-MicroHighRoller-By3660_4074Motors.jpg

You can see how tiny the brushless motor is that I put in it:
2019-1123-MicroHighRoller-By3660_4074Motors-noBody.jpg

Figure you have one of or something like one of those as a point of reference.

By my hand:

So I bought it, the battery or something else is broken, so I’ll prolly do what you did, what motor is that btw? I’ll get a flysky gt5 and use that with my noto and this. any tips for lipos? Thanks in advance!

By my hand:

Wait isn't that a micro hi roller? I thought the mini hi roller was 1/18?

@The Twingo Lord does your friend have a Mini Hi Roller or Micro Hi Roller?

I used to have a Mini T. Had it upgraded brushless and all and I regret getting rid of it. Didn't know they released it again, now I'll have to get one.
I have a brushless converted mini-t somewhere and can't find it. I found the body but that's it. But yeah, now I want the new one.

Geez, I didn't even realize there was a mini-high roller. Only thought the micro one existed. Mine is the micro 1/36 scale.

Micro 1/36
Mini 1/18
1/10

vehicleComparison.jpg

Never knew the 1/18th one existed. Sorry about that.

I though it was a mini hi roller, but it was a micro hi roller, so it was a good misunderstanding lol
Geez, I didn't even realize there was a mini-high roller. Only thought the micro one existed. Mine is the micro 1/36 scale.

Micro 1/36
Mini 1/18
1/10

vehicleComparison.jpg

Never knew the 1/18th one existed. Sorry about that.
It’s fine, it was a micro after all

I though it was a mini hi roller, but it was a micro hi roller, so it was a good misunderstanding lol

It’s fine, it was a micro after all
Funny how things work out sometimes.

By my hand:

What motor/esc is that?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back