Mini-z alternative

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAVERICK@2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Looking at WL toys and Team Associated 1/28 scale as a cheaper alternative to the mini-z

I picked up 2 losi v100 for cheap and tried setting up a little track in my garage but they were to big

Anyone running any of these 1/28 scale alternatives to the mini-z. Just wanted something inside during the wet spring and cold winter

Wanting to keep it on the cheap side for some fun family racing

Can't help ya but I'll be following. I'd like to know myself. I tried those Hexmods things...terrible literally didn't work out of the box. Had to take them apart and sand mold bits off suspension arms and other enlarge the wheel wells just to get it to operate . Tried to use the included 4wd kit. Worthless the dog bones literally do not fit.

Are parts compatible with the mini-z? The mini-z is designed to be upgraded and a car with common replacement parts.
I do not think any parts are compatible to the Z. And I have nothing against the Z and I like that they can be built up.

But at 200$ for a Z compared to 55$ for the cheaper option

I have a house with 6 racers so I am looking to get at least 3 rigs. Not looking to get 600$ in hole. Just looking for options

Looking at WL toys and Team Associated 1/28 scale as a cheaper alternative to the mini-z

I picked up 2 losi v100 for cheap and tried setting up a little track in my garage but they were to big

Anyone running any of these 1/28 scale alternatives to the mini-z. Just wanted something inside during the wet spring and cold winter

Wanting to keep it on the cheap side for some fun family racing
Carisma makes some 1/24 scale 4wd micros https://www.smalladdictionsrc.com/carisma-gt24-1-24-scale-micro-4wd-brushless-rtr-subaru-wrc/

I would say SC28 or TR28 aren't really race able.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back