minimizing ballooning: taping or fishing line?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have actually had an eye out for skatepark tires that will work really well on concrete, but support aerial control and hard landings. The backflips are really fun and actually grip our asphalt roads really well here in NJ. But on concrete, there seems to be a little slippage on transitions and on slower tricks.

I have two Outcasts, so one can be set up specifically for the park if I want - and other than some Tx changes, tires are all I really need to sort out to improve performance.

Maybe the Fazon tires?

No problem. I've never tried fishing line. I use 2" Gorilla tape for other tires, I've heard Backflip tires won't take tape from YouTube buddy that tried it. Watching vids helps usually, I'd recommend you really heat 3 motor mount screws with very hot soldering iron from under chassis prior to removing center diff/motor or you may strip them. Should smell threadlocker burning. Other 2 screws rest in plastic diff brace, don't heat those or plastic may melt. Heavier fluid will control ballooning for sure to the fronts. Good luck. I've liked 200k in center, but will wheely a bit easier.

I taped my backflip tires with Gorilla tape (the wide one) and had no issues so far, I used an heatgun to get around the grooves.

I taped my backflip tires with Gorilla tape (the wide one) and had no issues so far, I used an heatgun to get around the grooves.
Yeah heatguns are awesome for tacking down Gorilla tape, reforming plastics...etc. I like a degree of ballooning with the Backflips. I just vent them and tune my diffs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back