Minokawa Tire Life?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slpcrf450x

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
What sort of life are you guys getting out of the minokawas that come on the Kraton?
I found them on ebay for a decent price and have been running them on an Outcast on 6s mainly.
I have close to 15 packs on them and the tread is still good but the sidewalls are chewed up bad! During my last bash I started hearing the fluttering noise that is typical of a tire that came unglued in a spot but when I looked at them the bead was still glued but the sidewall on 2 of my tires was torn! Upon closer inspection I also had a crack in my wheel (2nd time). I do run them hard enough to baloon some but not terrible.
I guess I will be retiring this entire set but I was really hoping that when the tires were worn out the wheels would still be good enough to glue on more tires.

Mine are still all good.... Had a kraton since xmas and theyve been good with 4s on grass, gravel and hardpack sand.
Ive run backflips for about a month now tho... But i do still put the stocks back on for grass usually.

Different folks seem to have different results. My tread is starting to wear down after two months, but I'm also hard on tires.

I'e had mine for about 3 weeks and yes I changed a lot but I shredded my front right tire after I was getting a weird humming sound after changing and shimming diffs so I tore it all back down rechecked all the mesh for all the gearing took it out and deff not bleeding as much thro the front wheels but tore about a 2 inch gash in the side wall and I only run 6s on punch 9 with a 17t pinion so all 4 tires ballon like crazy

5/6 runs and i had a tyre split running 4s most the time but the 6s pack on the last run finished the tyre off

Problem solved looks good proline trenches 3.8

Attachments

• 20180214_150041.jpg
    20180214_150041.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 58
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back