Kraton MIP Axles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevys10zr2003

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
MIP has announced axles for the Outcast and Kraton. It's nice to see the aftermarket support growing for the Arrma vehicles. Who is going to be the first ones to get them and try them out?

https://www.miponline.com/MIP-Race-Duty-Drive-Kit-Ft-Rr-Arrma-Outcast-Kraton-18300
https://www.bigsquidrc.com/mip-race-duty-drive-kit-for-the-arrma-outcast-kraton/

I honestly don't see a point especially at $67 a pair as the stock cvds work just fine. And you can use front cvds in the rear of the Kraton and Outcast.

I honestly don't see a point especially at $67 a pair as the stock cvds work just fine. And you can use front cvds in the rear of the Kraton and Outcast.
Yeah $134 to do all four LOL. I really haven't had an issue with the stock ones besides shearing a couple of pins off at the diff end, but I believe some people have had issues with the stock ones bending. I was more just letting people know about this new upgrade for if they have had issues with this before.

Yeah $134 to do all four LOL. I really haven't had an issue with the stock ones besides shearing a couple of pins off at the diff end, but I believe some people have had issues with the stock ones bending. I was more just letting people know about this new upgrade for if they have had issues with this before.
I bent a set of fronts when I first got the truck, but tossed in a new set of stock ones and have been fine ever since.

I’ve bent a front CVD and a rear. The solution for be is better driving, lol. They only bend on miserable landings and really hard impacts. I bought an entire set of dog bones, axles and cvd’s from Jennys RC for $33 so I have spares.

I’ve bent a front CVD and a rear. The solution for be is better driving, lol. They only bend on miserable landings and really hard impacts. I bought an entire set of dog bones, axles and cvd’s from Jennys RC for $33 so I have spares.
That's what I did, so I could have some spares and run cvds all the way around. I want to get the DNX8 center cvds for my Outcast. Front center TD310516 rear center TD310515. Note the front center will work with the Senton, Typhon, Kraton, Outcast and V1 & V2 Talion, it will not work with the V3 Talion. The rear center will only work with the Senton, Typhon and Outcast/Notorious.

Last edited:
That's what I did, so I could have some spares and run cvds all the way around. I want to get the DNX8 center cvds for my Outcast.

Do you find running cvd’s in the rear to be a big benefit?

Well I pulled the trigger.. I'll report back once I slam into a brick wall/curb a few times. The stock ones seem pretty stout but knowing me it's just a matter of time before I'm dog walking down the street. Plus I run mip shafts/axles in all my bashers and have broken everything around them but they survive ?. I'll keep stockers for backups ?

Well the rear installed and fit perfect. The fronts are too short with the ball end shims and will fall out. I'm going to remove the ball end shims and check the fit. I'll check camber without the shims. If camber is good but axles aren't fitting right I may shorten the ends of my rpm arms while keeping an eye on camber.

Well the rear installed and fit perfect. The fronts are too short with the ball end shims and will fall out. I'm going to remove the ball end shims and check the fit. I'll check camber without the shims. If camber is good but axles aren't fitting right I may shorten the ends of my rpm arms while keeping an eye on camber.

Thx for the update and keep on keeping us up to date

Ok so maiden voyage today and without shims on the rpm arms I'm satisfied they won't fall out at extreme angles/jumps etc. Without a way to adjust my camber I just may have to trim an arm or two unless I can live with the camber where it's at. I'll check it tonight and see where it's at.

Lots of cutting/ altering after spending good money on them no? Have you contacted them? Maybe they can send you rears for the front

If the fronts do not fit contact MIP, you should not have to modify your vehicle for them to fit. MIP probably messed up something.

Yup so I lost a front shaft today doing nothing but zipping round a field with my boy and his pede.. I contacted MIP and hope to figure something out. The rears for excellent and are amazing. The fronts for some reason do not go far enough into the out drive like the stocks do. The left front pic is stock and rides into the out drive great and no chance of falling out at full flex with extra ooomph. I'm gonna check a rear shaft into the front to see if I got a bad pack or they just didn't get the length right for the front. Little bummed as I run their stuff hard in everything and only replaced a pin or two in 5+ years. I didn't even hesitate to pull the trigger and drop nearly $70 per pack because of the quality I expect and get from them. Hope we can work something out. I'll update resolution when I work one out.

Attachments

• IMG_20190224_182130609.jpg
    IMG_20190224_182130609.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20190224_182138654.jpg
    IMG_20190224_182138654.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20190224_184157049.jpg
    IMG_20190224_184157049.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 81
Well apparently the MIP shafts are shorter than stock like 2-3 mm. They said the stock axles were too long and apparently hitting too deep into out drives causing bending. I'm running hot racing diff carriers and they're looking to see if that might be causing the issue. In the meantime I've been running stock up front with zero issues. They've been calling and going over testing the issue with me every couple days. Very responsive and really trying to figure out the issue? I'll comment again. If they finally solve the issue. Until then stockers are running great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back