Kraton MIP Axles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been running stocks up front. If they had just used the same length at stock axles they'd fit and I'd use them. Maybe my rigs a weirdo, I can't use their shorter shafts without then falling out at flex.

I think MIP uses the same length front and back now, I looked at them and they don't differentiate.

I'm just saying their online order form says fr/rr and there's no option to pick. As of yesterday.

I'm just saying their online order form says fr/rr and there's no option to pick. As of yesterday.
They made their front bones shorter but design. They told me that stock bones were too long in their testing and they purposely shorted theirs. This is coming from them on the phone doing some testing with my rig. The MIPs were falling out on mine at flex etc. I run HR diff carriers but that shouldn't effect the lengths etc. They sent me some extras but they just are too short for me. Stock seem a much better fit. If they make the front bones same length as stock I might try them again

Well I can say hr carriers also fixed the same binding issues so 2 different companies fixing the same binding issues mean an axle will fall out. My hr carriers moved the cvd to the very limit of almost falling out. So I'm sure that's the issue. Stock it is.

Dog bones are the best driveshafts you could get the whole rc industry should make these its simple like 1-2-3. When something works really well by a simple design why change it into something else who has more chances of failure and weak spots

I honestly don't see a point especially at $67 a pair as the stock cvds work just fine. And you can use front cvds in the rear of the Kraton and Outcast.
Wait all you have to do is buy front axles and an extra set of cvd driveshafts for the rear? Wish I thought of that

Wait all you have to do is buy front axles and an extra set of cvd driveshafts for the rear? Wish I thought of that
You also have to remove the rubber stopper in the diff cups.

Hmm interesting I may buy them idk the only thing is I already have2c dog bones for the rear , not sure I wanna stop using them , even tho I think the cvds may be after to do , they are not cheap the first time

Hmm interesting I may buy them idk the only thing is I already have2c dog bones for the rear , not sure I wanna stop using them , even tho I think the cvds may be after to do , they are not cheap the first time
MIP stopped making these years ago.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back