MIP hex drivers--Wow what a Difference!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldguywnewtoy

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Just got my MIP hex driver set and man, big difference. In case any ones still using cheaper drivers, you need these. They fit perfect, no slop at all. For screws into plastic, it's not that big a deal. But for screws into metal with loctite, they make the difference between removing the screw or stripping it out. A must have. Another must have is a shock tool. I changed out my plastic turnbuckle balls for the Hot Racing aluminum ones on my Senton, and the shock tool made it very easy with no damage to the ball ends. Very good purchase.

I just bought a couple of the hex-pluses (2 and 2.5 mm) just for the harder loctite screws, thanks again :)

$16 AUD in total for the two, vs $75+ AUD for set of 3 x MIP drivers

Attachments

• 51znfxdgJEL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    51znfxdgJEL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 69
Not trying to thread jack here, but figured it was an appropriate question.

I use longer T handle drivers, but have trouble getting to tight spots. Are there drivers that are bendable (ball joint) to do so?

Also, thanks for the confirmation that MIP tools are worth the $. Will invest post-pandemic lol.

If you get a tip with a ball end you can attack a screw at an angle instead of straight on only. From what I know there’s no automotive style universal joint hex drivers... at least not that I know of.

I did not buy the mips because the shaft is just not long enough i bought the protek trutorque i have a bit of slop in a few screw sizes for some reason in a few other screws its quite tight. Im getting a remplacement driver i contacted amain about the concern and they told me its maybe not normal so i have a new driver coming if its better i will put the handle on my 2.5mm because those handles omg i was threading tight screws and my hands were not killing me!!
Shile the chespo 2.5mm handle was hurtning my fingers bad because of the force i have to aply to my fingers to turn it

My collection of MIP tools is up to 16 including the drill bits hex drivers. I love the retro look and they feel great in the your hand and they don't get hot. They remind me of the old school screwdrivers when I was a kid. I almost bought a Hudy tool set but man they are expensive. I know lots people that love them though. The handles look really rough but there actually pretty comfy.
I have a Tekno build kit coming tomorrow and I'll be giving my tools a workout the next few days.

Yep, Another Wera hex plus user here... At only £10-12 for a basic non handled full set of keys they should be standard kit in everyones RC toolbox.. They really do work where every other keys have rounded out or failed. Its not hype..

Yep, Another Wera hex plus user here... At only £10-12 for a basic non handled full set of keys they should be standard kit in everyones RC toolbox.. They really do work where every other keys have rounded out or failed. Its not hype..
Say hello to my little friends. ?
I even threw in my Tekno shock tool perhaps the best rc multi tool I have ever used. This baby will save your hands and fingers from pain when it’s shock building and turnbuckle time.
B91498BE-6B6D-46A7-BE20-27BFE32A8617.jpeg

Do you have a link for a set of these bits / keys?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back