MMX 8s mounting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slevin

Pew pew!!
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
For those who have or messed with or have an idea...

how did you mount the MMX 8s ESC? There are no mounting holes on it so I can’t screw it into anything. Double sided tape is one option. Zip ties, maybe?

Just in case. I used real good double sided tape and this method. Granted i am only running speed runs with this rig, not jumping it.
Limitless ESC Install.jpg

Limitless ESC Install S2.jpg

Could probably add some washers to grab a bit more...

Very cool! I guess I should have been a bit more specific. I’m trying to mount it in a 6s rig.

so far I’ve modified the original esc try. I can make a plate to mount it above the center diff if it fits with my GT body but again double sided tape appears to be my only option.

I’ll have to see how this bracket works.
Double sided tape or Velcro. Just make sure to get the soft on one side and firm on the other. If you get the Velcro that it doesn’t matter which side is which I’ve seemed to have sticking oroblems

I suggest getting 3M VHB tape. It is very strong. I've used it for years with no problem.

Just in case. I used real good double sided tape and this method. Granted i am only running speed runs with this rig, not jumping it.
View attachment 76819
View attachment 76820
Could probably add some washers to grab a bit more...

that is an interesting idea!

Double sided tape or Velcro. Just make sure to get the soft on one side and firm on the other. If you get the Velcro that it doesn’t matter which side is which I’ve seemed to have sticking oroblems

I do have really good double sided tape. The red kind or whatever. Really strong stuff.

This is going in my GT car so no jumping or anything. Though I really prefer to have multiple points of retention lol. My max 6 in my ET48 was super secured because of the mounting holes.

that is an interesting idea!

I do have really good double sided tape. The red kind or whatever. Really strong stuff.

This is going in my GT car so no jumping or anything. Though I really prefer to have multiple points of retention lol. My max 6 in my ET48 was super secured because of the mounting holes.
I understand that! I would add, I'm also fairly maticulous, specially with the high dollar parts! This setup is pretty secure, I feel it would have to be a high speed crash to even dislodge it at this point. Of course up to your decision. Just figured I'd state for the cheapest, easiest, almost most secure way!! :LOL: Have fun bro!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back