MMX 8s with BLX 185 2050

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lbrownjr

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Currently running this setup in my Kraton 6s v4 while waiting on a 4092 1730 come in stock. Anyone else notice less power while using the MMX 8s with stock BLX 2050 motor? Seems like my truggy is not as powerful. Thx

Try playing with your gearing. Many have used the Arrma 2050kv with 8s with decent results.
Try going down in pinion size. In general, when you volt up, you do this. You will recover more torque at higher volts.

Try playing with your gearing. Many have used the Arrma 2050kv with 8s with decent results.
Try going down in pinion size. In general, when you volt up, you do this. You will recover more torque at higher volts.
Will try that. I when you say 8s you are still talking about the ESC and not battery(which is 6s)? Thx

You can run that ESC on 6S or 8S. Try running at 6s to see if you see a motor power improvement/difference.
But running an 8S lipo requires lowering the pinion size generally. You have a 2050kv. Running 25.6v nominal (8S) puts that motor at 52,480 rpms. I feel that exceeds the operating parameters of that motor with your current pinion, having observed a power reduction.
You are running an 8S lipo with that 2050kv motor???:unsure:
:cool:
edit: it appears you are in fact running a 6s with that MMx8S. OK. Get into your ESC settings and make adjustments to punch and other power variables. Its also possible that your motor is not quite up to snuff, requiring maintenance. Not to over simplify, even though your ESC changed to a higher 8S . capacicty, running at 6 should be very similar from ESC to ESC. There is more efficiency with your MMx8S when run on 6s.

Last edited:
Currently running this setup in my Kraton 6s v4 while waiting on a 4092 1730 come in stock. Anyone else notice less power while using the MMX 8s with stock BLX 2050 motor? Seems like my truggy is not as powerful. Thx
If you are running the same lipos as when you ran the BLX185 ESC, and it seems less powerful, something is probably wrong. Have you calibrated the throttle with the new ESC? That would be my guess.

You can run that ESC on 6S or 8S. Try running at 6s to see if you see a motor power improvement/difference.
But running an 8S lipo requires lowering the pinion size generally. You have a 2050kv. Running 25.6v nominal (8S) puts that motor at 52,480 rpms. I feel that exceeds the operating parameters of that motor with your current pinion, having observed a power reduction.
You are running an 8S lipo with that 2050kv motor???:unsure:
:cool:
edit: it appears you are in fact running a 6s with that MMx8S. OK. Get into your ESC settings and make adjustments to punch and other power variables. Its also possible that your motor is not quite up to snuff, requiring maintenance. Not to over simplify, even though your ESC changed to a higher 8S . capacicty, running at 6 should be very similar from ESC to ESC. There is more efficiency with your MMx8S when run on 6s.
Yes things improved tons. No overheating, was able to run two packs back to back and temps stayed in the 130's for the motor and 115-120 for the ESC with a 16t pinion. I will mess with the setting again. It is paired with a Futaba 4pm which takes special setup as well. I am not going to worry to much about it because this is temporary until I can get a 4092 1730. I feel like the castle 1717 may be a bit overkill based off my research. Thx
If you are running the same lipos as when you ran the BLX185 ESC, and it seems less powerful, something is probably wrong. Have you calibrated the throttle with the new ESC? That would be my guess.
I calibrated it according to the manual. It goes forward, reverse and brakes. Everything else is the same batteries etc. Just feels slower overall, but I am going to play with some of the settings.
I calibrated it according to the manual. It goes forward, reverse and brakes. Everything else is the same batteries etc. Just feels slower overall, but I am going to play with some of the settings.

Yes things improved tons. No overheating, was able to run two packs back to back and temps stayed in the 130's for the motor and 115-120 for the ESC with a 16t pinion. I will mess with the setting again. It is paired with a Futaba 4pm which takes special setup as well. I am not going to worry to much about it because this is temporary until I can get a 4092 1730. I feel like the castle 1717 may be a bit overkill based off my research. Thx

What motor leads are you running? Did you solder your own wires? Have you checked them for cold joints?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back