Mojave MMX + Arrma 2050Kv?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vpr5793

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Is anyone running the Castle MMX with the Arrma 2050Kv motor? I started having problems with the BLX185, so I swapped out to the MMX and Castle 1515 Sensorless from my Emaxx. I noted that the 1515 gets plenty hot under the stock gearing, so I am in the process of converting the 2050 to 6.5mm bullet connectors.

Is anyone else running the MMX w/ the 2050Kv? If so how does it run?

What are you running it in? Just curious because of your comment on the temps. What pinion as well?

I’d like to know too because I’m kinda thinking of putting my MMX in my Typhon and with the 2050kv BLX

Right now the MMX/1515 combo is in my Mojave. I don't have a temp gun, so I can't give exact temps, but it was hot enough that I couldn't touch the motor for 2 seconds. I can't recall the 2050 getting this hot.

The stock pinion is a 16T I believe.

I ran the MMX in my Kraton with 1515 motor. No good. Both the ESC and the motor ran way too hot. I moved that system into my Typhon and it rips. Depending on what truck you're talking about, you might run into heat issues with the blx185 motor.

I can't be entirely sure. I currently have two issues. First is that I took the fan off a couple years ago and some Gremlins ran off with it. Second is that the little devils also took my Castle Link. However the esc was cooler than the motor.
I ran the MMX in my Kraton with 1515 motor. No good. Both the ESC and the motor ran way too hot. I moved that system into my Typhon and it rips. Depending on what truck you're talking about, you might run into heat issues with the blx185 motor.
I'll try it out. Once tax returns come in I'm going to outfit the truck with cooling fans for the motor and esc, and get another Castle Link.

Ooooh yeah, I just may have to put it in my Typhon then.
Here is an idea for a good fan on the MMX.

AFE21116-D310-499A-813D-44B5147A862E.jpeg

89ADF99D-858F-4D84-94B7-8C4BFA70822E.jpeg

8F80CD2A-4E26-463F-8B1D-1423BBAA51DC.jpeg

Here is a video showing the air flow. Don’t mind the deuscher talking.

I can't be entirely sure. I currently have two issues. First is that I took the fan off a couple years ago and some Gremlins ran off with it. Second is that the little devils also took my Castle Link. However the esc was cooler than the motor.

I'll try it out. Once tax returns come in I'm going to outfit the truck with cooling fans for the motor and esc, and get another Castle Link.
I have three Castle ESC's and they all run hot. All of them are sensored, two Mamba X's and a Mamba Monster X. One of the Mamba X's got so hot that the female motor ports desoldered themselves along with the heatsink ?

I have three Castle ESC's and they all run hot. All of them are sensored, two Mamba X's and a Mamba Monster X. One of the Mamba X's got so hot that the female motor ports desoldered themselves along with the heatsink ?
Holy man! Luckily I've had this MMX for a while now, and it's been very well behaved. What motors are you running?

I can believe it, mine used to get really hot too. It’s been over 200 degrees before.

Holy man! Luckily I've had this MMX for a while now, and it's been very well behaved. What motors are you running?
One MX is running the 1512 motor in my Rock Rey. I'm not 100% sure what the one that came apart was running. I want to say it was a hobbystar 3670 in my big rock crew cab.

Last edited:
One MMX is running the 1512 motor in my Rock Rey. I'm not 100% sure what the one that came apart was running. I want to say it was a hobbystar 3670 in my big rock crew cab.
Geez the 1512 is a 4s motor. I might have to look into a larger ESC later on, and just run the MMX with a larger fan for now.

Ok so I got everything installed and found the fan for my MMX. With the 2050kV motor and the MMX temps were very good. Ambient was about 40F, but after several full throttle runs down my road, and lots of grass/leaves the battery was warmer than the ESC, and the motor was barely warm at all.

It's also crazy how conservative the BLX185 is compared to the MMX. The Mojave is an entirely different truck now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back