Typhon Mmx fan ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Question before I splice wires
Does the stock speed controller fan cut on after certain temp is reached or is it burnt out.

if so I’ll be splicing yeah racing fan onto speed controller to plug into esc.

would size difference in wires be an issue?

Are you talking about the castle mamba monster max 6S sensored esc? If so, yes, it only comes one when it needs to. I have one in my savage flux hp, but I wired a fan directly to the receiver so it's always on, then I know it's working vs broken and don't know it.

2020-0114-SavageFlux-ESCFan.jpg

It didn't fit in the MMX housing... so it is what it is.

Wired directly to receiver ? I have a redcat reciever no open ports, so I was thinking of using a 2 way splitter plug esc into one end then yeah racing fan into other side, then plug into reciever would that draw to much power. I’d like for it to stay on constantly

Wait lol that’s what you did just in different verbage huh, was reading it again haha duh me 10x

Last edited:
Wired directly to receiver ? I have a redcat reciever no open ports, so I was thinking of using a 2 way splitter plug esc into one end then yeah racing fan into other side, then plug into reciever would that draw to much power. I’d like for it to stay on constantly

Wait lol that’s what you did just in different verbage huh, was reading it again haha duh me 10x
Yep. Actually, I have 2 fans, one is under the esc pointing at the motor:
2019-0516-SavageFlux-MotorFan01.jpg

Can barely see it under the esc:
2020-0114-SavageFlux-ESCSideHigh.jpg

I actually have 2 splitters. One coming out of the receiver box (which has the receiver in a balloon, ziptied/wrapped in foam) is there to power the fans and for me to plug my esc into externally so I don't have to undo everything to download/adjust the castle esc. The other is plugged into as well with a 2 pin jst splitter I made for the fans.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back