MMX8s 1717 combo not reading motor temp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChemEng

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
I took out a brand new mamba monster 1717 combo for the first time this weekend. I designed a fan shroud and I wanted to check its performance.

Then I downloaded the logs and the motor temp was only reading 1.9 F and the readings didn't change at all. (it was about 45 F outside) . All the other logs were reading as expected.

Has anyone gotten motor Temps logs to work with this combo? I am using the sensor wire in sensored mode with the temp logging option checked...

Had the same issue. Reseat the plug on the esc. If you look closely at the esc on the side where all the wires go in there is a clip that you can press and pull the plug out. Its a wide plug. Pull it out and reseat it. Im talking about the sensor cable plug on the esc. Cured my issue. I experienced the same.
1609706907586 (1).png

Last edited:
Had the same issue. Reseat the plug on the esc. If you look closely at the esc on the side where all the wires go in there is a clip that you can press and pull the plug out. Its a wide plug. Pull it out and reseat it. Im taking about the sensor cable plug on the esc. Cured my issue. I experienced the same.View attachment 124107
That makes perfect sense, I had to replace the cable with a longer one.

I will try the re-seat and report back. Hopefully I didn't break a pin...

Unfortunately I haven't hat a chance to touch it yet. Work consumes the weekdays and we spent all yesterday searching for a new house. Stupid life getting in the way of my hobbies.

Raining today, but I'll try to find some time to at least bench test it.

Just bench tested it. Reseated it twice. It's now reading 0 F where it was 1.9 F before.

It is only ~58 F in my garage today, the esc temp is reading about 60F which makes sense.

Is the motor sensor perhaps ranged higher? Does it read 0 until it gets to some minimum temp?

The motor temp is the only thing I am interested in and it's the only thing not working.

ha, frustrating

Rain stopped so i drove it around in my front yard.

So now its not flatlined at 1.9, but it still isn't reading right. I assume the high motor temp disable feature won't work if it isn't reading correctly in the logs...

I'll give castle a call tomorrow.

1612725329357.png

I had the exact same problem. Turns out that the cable harness somehow unplugged from the pin on the end of the esc. I had to unscrew all of tiny screws on the esc top cover and properly reseat the sensor harness.

I'm still perplexed as to how this came partially undone since the top cover basically locks the harness in place, but I suppose crazy things happen when you are doing 100' airs haha.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back