Kraton Mmx8s Calibration mistake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theofanis

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
Hello, today i calibrate my mmx8s maybe wrong, because as the instructions say

If you are using a Futaba-made transmitter, you will need to set the transmitter’s throttle channel direction to the REVERSE (Rev) position. This is either an external micro switch on the transmitter or an option available within the computer programming of the transmitter. Please start by zeroing out any throttle trim that you may have set in your transmitter.
something I didn't do with my futaba 3pv...
I started with ESC calibrate and i think i did the steps wrong when the esc flashing green i set to full brakes and when it was red full throttle... :( despite exb is moving in the right directions but manual says If the motor is spinning in the right direction and the green LED is blinking, then you are ready for a test run. Well mine flash red when i go throttle and green when brakes... :/
So i thought to send email at castle and reply me very fast, you will need to reverse the throttle channel in transmitter. Green should be forward, red for brake/reverse. After this, if the motor spins the wrong direction go into the ESC programming and reverse the motor direction.
So i went in my futaba transmitter to reverse the throttle channel 2 and this is what happen every time i set it...
(castle hasn't answered me yet..) the sound comes from motor and it try to turn around (?)... my futaba also everything is in default settings i don't have change something to any throttle channel, any idea what is this and what i have to do to fix it ?
Thanks

That is normal when you switch the channel direction.. do that with the car off.. then center your throttle trim.. after that, turn the car on and proceed into the calibration process...

That is normal when you switch the channel direction.. do that with the car off.. then center your throttle trim.. after that, turn the car on and proceed into the calibration process...
Ok, i will do the process as soon as finish my work today, something else as you can see my throttle trim is in 0 on it's own, in center you mean I have to set it 50%?

C639C581-A5FF-4342-B376-B2AC13361E16.jpeg

You just need to recalibrate one more time after reversing channel 2. Then everything should be gravy. Just a heads up, you may need to reverse motor direction in the ESC however.
Yes, i have the castle b link after reverse the throttle channel in transmitter im gonna reverse the motor direction from B link, and they should then when i heat throttle the green light comes and when brakes the red light... Thanks

I did the steps and it worked now I have as you can see green flashing in throttle and red flashing in brakes,
I’m sending you one more video to check from when the engine stars if it is everything working good (I will connect the motor with exb later when I go out …)

Last edited:
Hello guys i finished my first ride with kraton and everything was brilliant!!! the speed was excellent it goes up to 40-45 speed and I only run it with 4s battery (gensacearespammers 11000mAh 14.8V 100C) the brakes was awesome, i went to dirt roads with mountains and I understood what it means kraton basher!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back