MMX8S esc over heating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Run the Futaba setup "Boosted". Skip the DX5C. I have that. I don't feel the Trigger Potentiometer is anything great.
Futaba rules for this reason.
Yeah the way Perfect Pass works, you can focus more on where your range and space is and your Steering, versus focusing on the physical trigger pull.
You can try using Tx Throttle Exponential settings to help with the Pull also.
@SrC how did I know you were going to say that.😂😂 it seems spectrum doesn’t make good transmitter anymore. I had a good one ten years ago, but got rid of it when I stopped rc drifting.

Update:
While it’s been raining here in Texas I did a few things to the infraction. I bought a Furaba t4pm and set it up and upgraded the esc to XLX2. Everything seems to be working great as I test it on my street. Today I’m going to do a range test to see how far the truck can go without a boosted transmitter. The place I run is 2100 ft end to end, but I don’t know how far the futaba will go in this open non populated area. The Manuel says it’s a 100meters, but we will see. I did order a booster, but it will not be here for three weeks.

This will not be a good update from yesterday’s range test.

I drove the truck to the start point about 700ft to my left and stopped. I hadn’t turned it around yet. I went to change the steering since it was pulling a little to the left. I look up and the truck was gone. It had made a right turn, ran itself into a curb. Busted the front splitter and bent the chassis into a U shape. Then it crossed a lane of traffic and went into the embankment and stopped. 🤬🤬😳

I may have had a slight heart attack after I found it and tried to walk it back to figure out what happened. This never happened with the stock radio, but I don’t know what happened. To keep it clear my left hand was holding the bottom of the transmitter away from the throttle.

I’m looking at getting a new chassis and other parts that were damaged. 😭😭

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back