MMX8S Fan Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChemEng

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
My MMX8S esc fan is dead.

Only had about 10 packs through it.

Anyway, what fans are you guys using? Do you power it from the normal esc fan plug or do you use a balance lead?

I have read through a bunch of threads on this problem, but I can't find a good overall solution.

My MMX8S esc fan is dead.

Only had about 10 packs through it.

Anyway, what fans are you guys using? Do you power it from the normal esc fan plug or do you use a balance lead?

I have read through a bunch of threads on this problem, but I can't find a good overall solution.
Depends on how you’re using the ESC. Is it for speed runs or bashing? How often did you find the fan kicking on?

Bashing mostly. This one is on my kraton, but I will probably proactively replace the one on my infraction while I am at it (that is also a basher).

It is hot here 95 F today and I was running in grass so the fan comes on a good bit.

Bashing mostly. This one is on my kraton, but I will probably proactively replace the one on my infraction while I am at it (that is also a basher).

It is hot here 95 F today and I was running in grass so the fan comes on a good bit.
Ok first thing for a basher is to support the bottom center of the new fan. I like the PPS mount for this reason. Then basically any 40mm 5V fan will work if you still want to run it off the ESC plug. This would also work off a spare RX channel.

Above that, you could run a 12v 40mm fan off a separate lipo or balance plug. These can generally push more air. Here are my favorite right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanyo-Denk...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Ok first thing for a basher is to support the bottom center of the new fan. I like the PPS mount for this reason. Then basically any 40mm 5V fan will work if you still want to run it off the ESC plug. This would also work off a spare RX channel.

Above that, you could run a 12v 40mm fan off a separate lipo or balance plug. These can generally push more air. Here are my favorite right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanyo-Denk...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
Thanks for the link. I'll grab a couple of those fans.

Looks like the PPS mount is sold out everywhere. I might try to 3d print something to use until they get back in stock.

Thanks for the link. I'll grab a couple of those fans.

Looks like the PPS mount is sold out everywhere. I might try to 3d print something to use until they get back in stock.
That's not a bad idea. I might give printing one a try.

so i picked up a pair of those and tested them on a 3s lipo... 25k rpm is no joke! It spins insanely fast. Do you run them at full 12 V or something lower?

so i picked up a pair of those and tested them on a 3s lipo... 25k rpm is no joke! It spins insanely fast. Do you run them at full 12 V or something lower?
Yes I run a pair on a 3S 1000mah shorty pack in my Infraction GT. I also run one in my Drag Infraction but I just run it off the radio and it’s still plenty fast.

Yes I run a pair on a 3S 1000mah shorty pack in my Infraction GT. I also run one in my Drag Infraction but I just run it off the radio and it’s still plenty fast.
Since I'm just bashing I'm going to try to run it off a separate 12V bec. It's rated for 2A vs the fans 1.5A draw. Hopefully it holds up. Thanks for the help!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back