MMX8S fan replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
Stock fan on my mmx8s took a crap. Can someone tell me what type of connector Castle uses for these fans or share a link to a direct replacement. I know I can add most fans and plug them directly into my receiver, but I'm trying to avoid that. Receiver box is pretty full! Any help would be appreciated!

I don't have that ESC to compare. But from pictures, it looks like a connector used for a fan PC or a mini Quad lipo.
I surmise, you don't want to change out the connector to an F plug type for warranty reasons. I would agree in this case.
Try to source these from a PC supplier or even better, a Quad parts vendor. Commonly used on Quads. Because they are small and lightweight.
Does your fan connector look like this?

20211003_102513.jpg

20211003_102434.jpg

6pcs-rc-Quadcopter-Part-Charger-Connector-Wire-Cable-for-Wltoys-V911-F929-F939-Battery-Charging-X6.jpg

Last edited:
Stock fan on my mmx8s took a crap. Can someone tell me what type of connector Castle uses for these fans or share a link to a direct replacement. I know I can add most fans and plug them directly into my receiver, but I'm trying to avoid that. Receiver box is pretty full! Any help would be appreciated!
I just put a JST (red) connector on my harness so I don’t have to find some funky connector to match.

^^^ A JST would make the best sense, if wanting to change these out.(y)

Last edited:
^^^
I think he wants to retain the CC connector, for warranty reasons. He knows he can always splice and solder a different connector. He just wants to source the OE one for an upgrade fan.
:)I believe that was his question
The CC fan connector is NOT proprietary. Although not common, some other brands of ESC's do use these. FWIW.

So I pulled the pins and obviously they are different than JST’s. I don’t have a issue switching them, but didn’t want to buy a whole connector kit and crimp tool. This is the connector!

986064FD-891D-4080-9668-B1923D16F629.jpeg

23C6D54D-152B-4C13-833F-7B2AFDC6DE6C.jpeg

4B71FA84-3383-4861-82FE-3AAF38569E4C.jpeg

Yes they are different. The pins are flat. Jst's are skinny and longer I believe. Not interchangeable.

That's why I was suggesting using the old connector off the broken fan, you can solder up an adapter, or fit it to a new fan?

This solution makes the most sense if you don't mind cutting the plug off whatever fan you plan on getting. Keeps your Castle warranty and is pretty easy if you can solder or have solder seal connectors and a heat gun around

Edit: there are also some fan makers that have the plug already on. You could try sending this ebay seller a message and asking what it's called for example. https://www.ebay.com/itm/ECSRC-Cust...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

^^^
I think he wants to retain the CC connector, for warranty reasons. He knows he can always splice and solder a different connector. He just wants to source the OE one for an upgrade fan.
:)I believe that was his question
The CC fan connector is NOT proprietary. Although not common, some other brands of ESC's do use these. FWIW.
Castle doesn’t want the harness back for warranty swaps anyways.

This solution makes the most sense if you don't mind cutting the plug off whatever fan you plan on getting. Keeps your Castle warranty and is pretty easy if you can solder or have solder seal connectors and a heat gun around

Edit: there are also some fan makers that have the plug already on. You could try sending this ebay seller a message and asking what it's called for example. https://www.ebay.com/itm/ECSRC-Cust...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
If you have a socket of the type of fan plug you plan on using, you only need to make an adapter once and no cutting any new fan wires. A 2 pin just plug will for and hold nicely into a Futaba socket, like a servo extension cable, most of us have those lying around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back