MMX8S help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@NickHeemiith what is your actual problem? The original question on here was the MMX8S ESC not working.
What transmitter/receiver do you have? Are you actually following the manual for that specific receiver?
If yes, you have a bad receiver, but I would bet that you are not following the instructions if you are using an SR6100. Just by stating that it looses the bind, after running, is telling me that you never completed the bind, which includes a power cycle, amongst other steps listed in the manual.

@NickHeemiith what is your actual problem? The original question on here was the MMX8S ESC not working.
What transmitter/receiver do you have? Are you actually following the manual for that specific receiver?
If yes, you have a bad receiver, but I would bet that you are not following the instructions if you are using an SR6100. Just by stating that it looses the bind, after running, is telling me that you never completed the bind, which includes a power cycle, amongst other steps listed in the manual.
Okay, as soon as I power it up the esc is blinking red and the rx Is blinking orange nonstop. So I bind it with my Dx5c, it goes through the binding (full throttle, full brake, right, left) and restarts my dx5c. At that point I turn off the esc and turn it back on but then I’m back at step 1 with the rx blinking orange.

Make sure you are doing the absolute correct sequence, typically people confuse left and right and this was all for nothing.
You stated that ESC is blinking, which is already wrong if you follow the correct sequence, but could be just your description. This receiver is extremely sensitive to the correct sequence.
Make sure you pause for half a second at each step (full right, PAUSE, center(pause), full left(pause etc.)

Per manual:
Everything is 'OFF'
1. Press and hold the bind button on the receiver.
2. Power on the receiver. The orange LED flashes, indicating the receiver is in
bind mode. Release the bind button after the orange LED illuminates.
3. Put your transmitter in bind mode.
4. The bind process is complete when the orange LED on the receiver remains lit.
At this stage the receiver is connected but must complete calibration before it will operate.
5. Pull the transmitter trigger to full throttle, pause, then return the trigger to center (PAUSE)
6. Push the transmitter trigger to full brake, pause, then return the trigger to center.
7. Turn the transmitter steering wheel to full right, pause, then return the
wheel to center.

8. Turn the transmitter steering wheel to full left, pause, then return the steering wheel
to center. The orange LED flashes to confirm the settings have been accepted. ,<--If that is not happening, you didn't do the steps right Take a breath and do it again :)
9. Turn off the vehicle to complete the binding and calibration process.

If you got a flashing LED above, it should now retain the bind.

Make sure you are doing the absolute correct sequence, typically people confuse left and right and this was all for nothing.
You stated that ESC is blinking, which is already wrong if you follow the correct sequence, but could be just your description. This receiver is extremely sensitive to the correct sequence.
Make sure you pause for half a second at each step (full right, PAUSE, center(pause), full left(pause etc.)

Per manual:
Everything is 'OFF'
1. Press and hold the bind button on the receiver.
2. Power on the receiver. The orange LED flashes, indicating the receiver is in
bind mode. Release the bind button after the orange LED illuminates.
3. Put your transmitter in bind mode.
4. The bind process is complete when the orange LED on the receiver remains lit.
At this stage the receiver is connected but must complete calibration before it will operate.
5. Pull the transmitter trigger to full throttle, pause, then return the trigger to center (PAUSE)
6. Push the transmitter trigger to full brake, pause, then return the trigger to center.
7. Turn the transmitter steering wheel to full right, pause, then return the
wheel to center.

8. Turn the transmitter steering wheel to full left, pause, then return the steering wheel
to center. The orange LED flashes to confirm the settings have been accepted. ,<--If that is not happening, you didn't do the steps right Take a breath and do it again :)
9. Turn off the vehicle to complete the binding and calibration process.

If you got a flashing LED above, it should now retain the bind.
It does all of that. Then when I cut the car off and cut it back on it’s blinking orange again like it’s in bind mode and the esc is blinking red.

ESC blinking is normal when the receiver doesn't have a valid bind.
RX blinking is not normal.
If you have done as stated, you have a bad receiver. It should never loose the bind. Not an issue with the dx5 or ESC.

Last piece of advise, the DX5 needs to be at least 6ft away before turning on receiver, maybe that will do it.
Also, the rig needs to be level and sitting still, it can take up to 1 minute before it rebinds to the transmitter. That's why I stopped using those receivers.

Last piece of advise, the DX5 needs to be at least 6ft away before turning on receiver, maybe that will do it.
Also, the rig needs to be level and sitting still, it can take up to 1 minute before it rebinds to the transmitter. That's why I stopped using those receivers.
I ordered another one lol then realized I bricked the esc with the castle bt link 😂 this poop is a mess but I have the USB one on the way so I can fix it. I’m pretty sure it’s the rx at this point

Connect your ESC to USB and reload the firmware. Done this myself for a friend.
Rule of thumb, use the BT for data, but don't change settings.

Go with a simpler SR315 or 215, no gyro and nonsense that delays all the binds.

There is also an update for that receiver, but it's been out for a while, it fixed a bind problem.

Connect your ESC to USB and reload the firmware. Done this myself for a friend.
Rule of thumb, use the BT for data, but don't change settings.

Go with a simpler SR315 or 215, no gyro and nonsense that delays all the binds.

There is also an update for that receiver, but it's been out for a while, it fixed a bind problem.
Mine didn’t come with the USB unfortunately. I only have the BT link, just my mfn luck but it’s okay. Once everything gets here it’s going to be back together! I like the gyros because I drag race my felony! Once set the steering speed and everything for drag it was a monster

Lol i bought so many b links to change settings. If I couldn't do that I would flip a table 🤣. I think I've had to reload a firmware once and that's with many many rigs with b link and me swapping between profiles depending on 8s or 6s and changing punch settings in the field etc etc

Lol i bought so many b links to change settings. If I couldn't do that I would flip a table 🤣. I think I've had to reload a firmware once and that's with many many rigs with b link and me swapping between profiles depending on 8s or 6s and changing punch settings in the field etc etc
Yeah I’ll be more careful next time to not brick the ecu😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back