MMX8S help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering what ABS was myself ?

What did you end up doing to make it work?
There’s a white aux wire on the Esc harness. I plugged that into the receiver and then bound the receiver to my new DX5C. I was then able to properly do the calibration and it works like a champ!!

Having the same issue with a new Castle Mamba Monster X 8S ESC and Spektrum SR6100 AVC Rx with unsuccessful calibration. When I first power on, there’s a series of red led’s which is an indication that it needs calibration and if I hold throttle then power on the red led’s never stops until I release throttle then it goes through the motions of arming. So I tried another regular Spektrum Rx without AVC and all is normal, no flashing red led’s at startup and able to successfully calibrate the esc.
ABS is inactive, AVC is set to Inhibit for a switch, endpoints have never been touched and are 100%.
Anyone else having an issue trying to setup this ESC wit an AVC Spektrum Rx?

Having the same issue with a new Castle Mamba Monster X 8S ESC and Spektrum SR6100 AVC Rx with unsuccessful calibration. When I first power on, there’s a series of red led’s which is an indication that it needs calibration and if I hold throttle then power on the red led’s never stops until I release throttle then it goes through the motions of arming. So I tried another regular Spektrum Rx without AVC and all is normal, no flashing red led’s at startup and able to successfully calibrate the esc.
ABS is inactive, AVC is set to Inhibit for a switch, endpoints have never been touched and are 100%.
Anyone else having an issue trying to setup this ESC wit an AVC Spektrum Rx?
Did you go into Castle link and reverse motor first? Can’t remember, maybe you have to reverse throttle channel too.

Just throwing out ideas, update firmware in ESC? Make sure polarity on connections is right, orange or white closest to inside?
ESC has latest update. Servo connected correctly, White is not connected but I did try it connected to see if that would’ve worked but nope.

HERE it says you must calibrate AVC on rx first whether or not you have it set to on before you can calibrate ESC.
I did bind the Rx couple of times and went through the motions of calibrating. What I’m gonna try is disabling AVC completely from the Rx and report back.

I had the same issue when using these sr6100 avc receiver. I believe there is a safe mode built in that wont let receiver turn on while holding full throttle. So when turning on castle esc it wont arm until you let go of throttle and rx gets power. What I did was catch it right before it turns on and hold throttle so your able to set throttle point on esc. Not sure if your having this similar issue but its odd that its done this way, just have to be quick. Hope that helps.

Yes, there is a safe mode and instructions are on the Castle web page. Has nothing to do with AVC, it's all about failsafe.
You have 1.5s to do what you need to do before the Rx powers on, thats all.

I was able to calibrate the ESC but is it normal when I first power on the ESC there are red blinking lights then the ESC goes through the sequence of arming once the Spektrum AR6100 initiates. And if I unplug the ESC from the Rx and turn it on it goes through the arming sequence immediately and the same if I plug into a regular receiver.

Hey Robert I finally got it all figured out and working properly. Now you were saying something about ABS. Were you meaning AVC??

I am experiencing the same issue. with MMX8s, SR6100AT receiver, and DX5C transmitter. brakes set to 100%, tried throttle reversed, 2 days of a 1/8 scale paperweight. What did you do to fix yours?

I am experiencing the same issue. with MMX8s, SR6100AT receiver, and DX5C transmitter. brakes set to 100%, tried throttle reversed, 2 days of a 1/8 scale paperweight. What did you do to fix yours?
I’m having the same problem rn, I can bind it with the RX but as soon as I cut it off I have to bind it all over agin. This is the dumbest thing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back