MMX8s power switch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You not doing 60’ landings then. I have 1” foam between it.
How far do you think my Mojave flew hitting the edge of the road at 125mph? My lipos flew hundreds of feet my dude.

Really? The esc has a cheap plastic cage or fan holder. It’s only attached on one side. The rest of it floats over the esc and isn’t bolted in. Are you just trying to be a D*ck or have you never actually run into this issue?? My buddy and I have gone thru 5 cages/holders so far. In fact he’s selling all his castle sh*t because he’s done with it

Yes really I'm sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out when Castle made an esc cage, btw an esc cage is the thing I linked above from RPM that encases the entire esc hence esc cage, the thing you are talking about is the fan shroud and it's pretty clear that I wasn't the only who was confused as to what you were talking about. So no I wasn't being a peepee.

And here is an easy fix for the cheap Castle switches snip off the stock switch making sure to leave the wires, cut the white wire on this new switch, connect black to black, red to red and never have to deal with those crappy switches ever again A, B or D will do the trick https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/esc-switch?variant=249046986

Last edited:
If you haven’t broken an esc castle cage/ mount your full of poop.

If you know JD he has probably broken more parts than anyone else I know, maybe @Notorious J but that might be a tossup. :ROFLMAO:

I've never seen anyone break an esc cage. Fan shrouds sure, I broke the fan shroud on my MM2 and I'm pretty sure I did in my MMX earlier this evening.

Thanks for all the response guy’s!
Have any of y’all replaced the stock esc fan with something like the powerhobby twister fan? I have one I’m just not sure about mounting it to that plastic on top of the mmx8s. I plan to run it on a separate 3s lipo. I ordered the PPS switch mount

Bush Mount 👌

056B2414-B743-43E7-BA37-2B397BC17715.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back