Kraton Mmx8s running hot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaden1308

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I was out side today and when I was done the esc was very hot like almost to hot to touch and the motor was the same and the batterys were hot and the battery are ovonic 3s 50c 5500mah the motor is a hobbywing 4985 I have a 1/8 kraton exb my drivetrain spins nice and free Idk what it could be casyle says 50c is good I watched a video and this guy was using a tp power motor that wasn't that big and he said that the esc was really hot and the motor got fried does the mmx8s not work well with other lipos other than that I have no idea what else it could be

The soldering is great I made sure when I got the esc
Pictures please. Let’s see the “greatnesses” lol 😂 I replace the stock fans on these I need to know it’s in all the time!
4D53F92A-E514-4E36-B2C3-B7894F8BDE8E.png

Do you have access to castle data logs???I would clear logs,run car like normal pull logs..it'll show temp an how it's running throughout run

Is your esc fan still working? you sure you haven't broken fan blades? I'm sure you've broken blades if you have the stock mmx8s fan in a kraton.

I bet money thats why your esc is so hot. Those stock esc fans don't even last 1 pack. Get an alu frammed 40mm rocket fan like @Fishtank has in his pic.

I use the cheap 4s fan,cools motor an esc😉

View attachment 247066
I need a better picture of what’s going on here. I don’t know what I’m looking at. But red electrical tape? ESC getting hot I’m surprised 😮 it’s still working! Is it mounted sideways? I’m so curious! Lmao 🤣

I need a better picture of what’s going on here. I don’t know what I’m looking at. But red electrical tape? ESC getting hot I’m surprised 😮 it’s still working! Is it mounted sideways? I’m so curious! Lmao 🤣
Yup looks like a pos....it's currently the fastest 3s vendetta on the planet.speed is my only concern,not looks.mounted sideways so I can fit tp4060cm-3480kv in car..about to try 1st hit on this motor..got mmx8s maxed out on 3s at 124mph..probly stuff xlx2 in an go for 130mph on 3s with it.i don't own shiny cars,they usely get completely totaled out from high speed crashs by the end of it,everytime.

20221001_031316.jpg

Wait wait wait, is that RX on top of the battery??!?! :eek: :LOL::ROFLMAO:
It don't work in the rx box I removed, can't run 4500ft any other way.i replace rx after every crash anyway.i crash its trash

Last edited:
Do I need anything spefor data logs?
Ya can get into logs an see esc temp..don't want esc over 165ish..on my 124mph 3s hits my esc was getting over 155 fast in a 12 second speedrun,that's why I'm running a high powered 4s fan on mmx8s.can also see other problems like ripple,amp draw,motor temp on sensoered motors

20220909_192222.jpg

Hey OP, I just run mine and don’t bother checking the temp most days just the motor. Pretty much same gearing as you, but as others above I have the rocket fan on mine. If you touch it and it doesn’t take the skin off your fingers it’s fine. It will shut off with a protection circuit when it gets too hot. Batteries should be running under 140f. If you cant comfortably (too hot) unplug the battery they are getting stressed. If you are running in grass on a hot day with the 20t pinion you will need to give it a break mid pack.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back